Tuesday, December 4, 2012

We are in Puerto Penasco! I am right now sitting in a motel office to use their internet since it doesn't work in the rooms, and this will be our third nite here. Tomorrow I'll try to start telling the story of getting here; but I forgot to bring the notes I wrote on the road, and it was only things I wanted to remember so I'll wait and post as Day 1, day 2, day 3. Yep 3 days of driving straight thru- 15 hours day one and then 12 hours each for the days 2 & 3. We started in Guerrero, went thru Micoacan, Jalisco, Sinaloa, and finally Sonora. Sonora is a huge state...or at least very tall cause we came in at the south end and drove up to the north end and it was almost the whole 12 hours.....

We hit Puerto Penasco after dark, just about an hour after dark, maybe 7pm, and stopped in the first motel we saw. It's pretty cheap but we're finally leaving tomorrow! We rented an apaprtment for one month, and actually while I'm over here, Everardo is waiting in the room for the guy to come so we can sign and move in tomorrow. It's furnished, kinda shabby stuff, but hey- the only furniture we brought was the kitchen table and it's benches so it's a good thang.

Day 1 was interesting...started out wonderful cause we drove down to the docks where the huge boats come in after being out all nite. They were unloading manta rays (some kind of sting ray) from one boat and shrimp from another. Big fish in yet another. All these guys were standing around, some working some commenting ha ha, coffee in hand. We bought coffee and a muffin from the sidewalk guy there where people were getting breakfast and watching all the action. Then we went down to the malecon (the boardwalk), where things were just opening up, the restaurants getting their fish from the fisherman for today's menus, and storefronts opening. Next to that is a long patio type area, benches along the edge to watch the water, palm tress planted and other scattered benches. So I'm looking at the water...and 3 dolphins start jumping!! Then a set of 5 dolphins!! I think I saw 4 different groups (are they called schools- I think it's something different), anyway I was overwhelmed! Talk about a sign ha ha!! My last day in Playa Ventura and my first day in Puerto Penasco I see dolphins!

WE also saw a small AA building and it was Faro for Vida...Lighthouse for life. I also took this as a sign; in Playa Ventura we lived next to El Faro! Next to a lighthouse! Then Everardo found a friend of his, Nico and we chatted with him for awhile. Turned out he knew of a house for rent so we went to take a look, but it was really dirty, and needed reapirs and I instantly said no. I mean, Poppi just finished working on the project house from hell so I didn't want it. BUT, ha ha we have seen some terrible houses since, and now that place doesn't seem so bad ha ha.

ooops gonna finish this later, we're going to see another house right now! (yes we are renting an apartment but haven't signed yet ha ha- that is now put off until tomorrow morning) It's been a crazy 2 days and I'll finish this as soon as I can.



No comments:

Post a Comment