Friday, December 21, 2012

Dragonfly in Mexico has more than one name. In Playa Ventura, Guerrero we call them chambuleke, in Puerto Penasco, Sonora we call the libelula. Everardo says when he was a kid, in Micoacan, they called them cabello de diablo (devil's horse...eeewww). Yesterday I was getting my nails done and the woman (ok girl she was 20...with a 4 yr old and a hubby in jail), anyway she said she liked my libelulas. I probly won't go back there because the woman who was in charge told me when I paid...h it's 200 pesos when I asked why she didn't give me enough change. I wanted to give the girl 50 pesos for a tip. She was really nice and did a good job- BUT the day before yesterday I stopped in there and asked how much for acrylics with color. Apparently that's how they call them; french, acrylics, acrylics with color, and you can get them with just the tips being acrylic Way too much info for me! I had stopped in at the place right around the corner from the house and it was 200 pesos. Only 150 for french. So I decided to shop around cause it was 150 in Playa Ventura and 180 in Copala- and I liked the way they did it in Copala so I went there. Actually after doing y nails the first week we were in Playa Ventura, I didn't do them again until almost right before we left- so 3 times total, and about the same for pedicures- when you don't wear shoes, nail polish comes off quick. Yeah it's winter here, but the rainy season is in the summer (where I read it can be 122 degrees...) Anyway I wear shoes here, and socks too. But- winter for just Dec and Jan...think I can handle that ha ha.

Anyway- the day before yesterday they told me 150 for acrylics- and that was after a discussion in Spanish too quick for me to follow but I did hear "french" and "acrylics"....So when she said 200 yesterday, I said no, yesterday you said 150. I pointed to the woman who told me 150mand said she told me. She also speaks English. So the mgr kept saying (in Spanish) sorry for confusion but it's 200.I found her to be full of shit. She shoulda charged me 150 cause then I'd probly still come back, but now, no way. Might as well walk around the corner for the same price.

Did I say I looked at a motorcycle? More like a scooter I think- the ones with the wide area to put your feet?? They're automatic so no need for feet to change gears or even brake...And cheaper than what we will probly pay for a car...only $1200! Probly spend $2000 at least on a car...but we'll see. 
We called on a car yesterday but it was $3000, way too much. We're also looking for an elliptical for me and a gym for Poppi. We may have found both. Went thru looking for used ellipticals and the best deals are in Arizon, both places a four hour drive each way...but at this dept store Coppel there's a cheapy one for about $120, and since it's yet anoher thing we will not take back to the states with us, and I do still hold out a tiny hope that we'll retrieve the one in Playa Ventura....I think I'm gonna go with the Coppel one. of course we will hot the wknd flea markets this wknd for a final look so won;t buy until next week- Oh! So it's my Christmas present! As will be the gym for Everardo. Actually we're gonna look at what this place has in the way of classes and equipment...we drove around and looked at gyms, found all but one that must have closed, and he chose a place called X Sport. They have the weight machines he's looking for but he didn't look too closely at what I might want to use and they probly don't have Zumba, which I really want to take...we found a place I'm going to try for $3 a class or $28 for a month and all classes- they also have yoga, pilates, not sure what else but no equipment. So it's another..we'll see, cause Poppi isn't feeling too good today so he's asleep on the couch right now. He has a cold, which is not a huge surprise since it's so cold in here! It's warmer outside during the day, and I'm sure by the end of Jan we will be happy that it stays cool in here...but it's so cold in here at nite. Maybe we should think about a little space heater....ha ha from sweating all the time to shivering part of the time.....

We took Sam to the beach this morning and then went on the gym hunt. The tide was on it's way out so only a few tide poles were visable. It was cool, not too cold o the beach but I had a sweater on, and of course nobody but Sam in the water ha ha. BUt it's funny- a cold beach that youjust walk on is familar to me...I come from Northern Calif where the beaches are beaitiful but cold, so I don't mind. And I know in a few months they will be warm and swimable, so It's all good.

Last nite we went to a Posada, probly where Poppi finally got so cold he is now sick. It was inside, but a weird inside with a top that the walls did not come all the way up to. It was fun, music and food, kids running all over the place. Pinata and presents for the kids- earlier in the week we had to bring 2 gifts and last nite we saw one of them get opened and the kid's face was priceless- he loved it and that made it worth frezzing our asses off! There was a game of musical chairs that the kids loved out in the center of the room, and they had so much fun it was played over and over. Ha ha when I asked what I should wear, should I get dressed up, Poppi said sure, let everyone see my beautiful wife (ooohhh). So I anxt'ed over a few things, choosing a long dressy black skirt cause I have no nylons ha ha and this long kind of Asian looking cover, orange and a red top...and off we went. Ha ha we got there early and I was sent to blow up balloons and as people came in I noticed that I was the ONLY person NOT wearing levis- man or woman. So after the balloons were all blown up and sped home and changed. It was only 2 blocks from the house so it was easy. I was already cold and the house was nice....Anyway and hour later, much warmer in levis and a warm jacket, I knocked over my coffee and the top of my jeans, my right thigh caught all of it. Everardo jumped up and said let's go and you can change. So we headed out...for me, again, and I asked him why he came and he said he was just SO cold. So I changed and we went back (ha ha outfit 3), but it was jeans again. We lasted about another hour, but it looked like there wasn't going to be any dancing for the adults, or if there was it was at least 2 or 3 hours away...and so we came home...it was after 9...yeah yeah us oldies but we went at 4...anyway I could not shake my chill even after sitting under my nice warm comforter, and finally took a long hot hot hot shower. That helped. We watched a couple of movies and went to bed a little after midnite....

oooh- hot chocolate sounds nice right now...see it's getting gray outside and it's cold in here. I just started a book that's pretty good and I'm gonna curl up in my comforter...it matches the one Poppi is sleeping under on the other end of the couch. This is a very long couch; the kind that has a piece at one end that actually is not attached, and goes out the other way so it's like an "L" He's sleeping there, and my end has a foot stool made of the same stuff so I can create the same effect. Our laptops are in the middle. But at nite I move the computers so I can snuggle up to his side...Sam is also conked out rght now; he ran up and down the beach and is wiped out- again. he's a happy dog that Sam...




No comments:

Post a Comment