Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Trying to catch up to today on my trip to northern California. Day 1 ended much better than it started out with my friend Sherren and her twin 11 yr old boys picking me up at SFO. We got to chat on the way back cause it was commute time so it was slow going. My daughter Drew, met us in Petaluma at Sherren's house and brought me up to Santa Rosa to stay with her, her fiance, and part time, his little girl Danica. Next summer they're getting married and Danica will be my granddaughter. Ok well I already think of her as my granddaughter. She is a beautiful 4 yr old and very sweet. My Drewy is a good mom to her.
Day 2 I had my first doctor appt and it should have taken 5 minutes. It was in the afternoon, and I went to an AA meeting at noon, and both my daughters came with me. We left there and all got pedicures and then to the doctor. Crap- he decided something was "interesting" and sent me off to other tests. So 5 min turned into about 2.5 hours. It seems after those tests I am fine, but am going to get a small "pollup" removed. (yeah-yuck). It's a half hour appt, and "no big deal". So we leave there and go back downtown to get Halla's car since we all 3 went together, and we walk down the little main street and decide to just stop in at the tattoo place and say hi, and maybe look around a little. So the guy who did all my tattoos is not there, but no big deal since we're just passin' thru. Oh then Tim walks in and we start chatting...and then I get 2 new tattoos and an old one brightened up by adding sort of a sunburst behind it. The 2 new ones were small; the word "peace" in Russian and in Japanese.
Then it was off to the Meltng Pot; a fondue restaurant. It was amazing! I always think of fondue as only cheese but this was a several course meal. The first course was cheese and we had breads and fruits to dip. For the entre' they put a pot of boiling flavored oil on the table and we dipped chicken, pork, beef, shrimp, and bbq'd beef. Also vegetables, broccoli, cauliflower, something more I can't remember- . It was amazing. Then the dessert....oh my! Chocolate fondue! So many things to dip in it- rice krispy treats, cookie pieces, fruit, angel food cake. We chose a dinner that included specific choices for each course, but we all picked the same set- called "The Classic". We just kept eating.

Friday (day 3) I had another doctor appt, and thought it was at 10:30 am and it was at 9:30- oops, I rushed around and jumped in the little beater car Drew was lending me (better than renting right?), and saw I had to stop at the gas station. After I filled up, the car wouldn't start. My daughter was on her way to a job interview, but I called her and she called Rex. He called me and I said I had the hood up, so he told me to wiggle the battery cables, which I did, and the car started. I was 45 min late to my appointment...and then as I sat down to wait the half hour or so the nurse said it would be, she called me back up and said the 10:15 cancelled! Ha ha another time issue solved for me! Made me think of the plane ha ha. Since then I have gone non stop, meeting a friends, going to AA meetings, shopping for shoes for Everardo, beads for his new jewelry project. Dinner Friday nite up at my sister's, then Saturday the big excursion to Gilroy. We picked up Everardo's daughter Elena, and she and I, Drew & Rex, drove the 2.5 hours to get there. Everardo's uncle had been re-admitted to the hospital and so we went there to see him, then back to their condo. His cousins all started showing up and we had a nice bbq. Elena met 3 of the 5 sisters, their husbands and kids. Drew and Rex met the ones that had not been at our wedding. We had a great time and got home late Sat nite. Elena's mom was really nice, too and we're trying to get together again before I go back home. Ok that takes me thru day 4, and as I said, it has been go go go. Today, Wednesday, is the first day I got home before dark, really before 9pm, Drew and Rex made a nice bbq with chicken and hot dogs. My niece Sarah and her little boy came and so did my younger daughter and another friend of Drew and her little girl.
I have lunched and had dinner with, had coffee with and gone to meetings with, so many people! I didn't know I had so many friends ha ha. Tomorrow is a lunch with 2 ex coworkers....but I'll get to that tomorrow. I miss my Mexico, my hubby, and my dog. Viva


No comments:

Post a Comment