Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I keep having to learn the same lesson over and over. The only consistent thing in Mexico is inconsistency. Zumba is out the window....some days they are out there with that huge speaker, and some days it even works, but they never seem to start the class. Some days they just don't come. I'm ok with walking around the ovalo (track). It can be consistent if I am consistent about it. I like walking alone and yet with so many people. I hear my music and I beep bop around the ovalo. People are running by me, jogging by me, walking faster than me, and even some slower. The game that's always going on in the center, and the various practices going on off to the sides. I don't know if it's the same people on the ovavlo every day, maybe after a while some faces will be familiar- ha ha I'm sure I'm the one who stands out. Not just my "walkin' to the music" swinging of my arms, but the only American...for now anyway. Everardo chats with people as he works out in the corner. Push ups and pull ups, a sit up station...in groups or individual but always stopping to watch what each other is doing.

The parents and girlfriends, friends & families who watch their kids, their spouses, their loved ones playing soccer; chatting and eating & drinking. Vendors on both sides...yes everything in Mexico has food involved. There are vendors everywhere, selling everything. Hot dogs and pina coladas, tacos de pastor, chiva, fish....burros longos. Churros, cotton candy...you name it, somebody is selling it.

Oh and my surprise the other day when I opened up our fortune cookies and they were in Spanish! Ha! What language did I expect? English of course- but silly- not of course....we're in Mexico so they were in Spanish...and more stale than even the ones in Calif.

So one thing here, don't expect anything to be the same twice. Yesterday there was no water in the house until afternoon. I heard they were working on some pipes down by the immigration office. Nice suprise when I went to flush to toilet- yeah it had water in it, but the one in our bathroom in the bedroom has a square "button" to push to flush, ya gotta hold it a few extra seconds to make sure it will finish the process. Of course my hand slipped off as it often does (altho after 6 months I'm much better at it..) and the water was gone but the process not completed. I said oh crap, and Everardo walked in just then (yes a silly joke about crap) and then uh- we have no water. So of course all morning I kept having to go to the bathroom- my crazy brain- if it hears "no" it thinks oh better say "yes" over and over. The water came back around noon so that was good. But this is nothing like Playa Ventura where we lost some service every day, something different every day. But still- make an appt, and if the other party shows up...maybe on time (probly not), but usually within a few hours.

We have a lady cleaning the house, and last week we agreed her new schedule would be to come at 2pm, at her request. This morning I received a text in Spanish telling me she would be late and was that ok, and to pls leave the key where I did last time. Hmm, ok, what time will you come? I asked...and she texted back- at 2pm. uh ok- I thought that was the the new regular time...so what time will she come next week ha ha? At least it's not boring. Everardo will drop by today to let her know to pls not touch the bed or laundry, that I'll take care of it. And he will not say "don't put plastic bags in the oven as storage" because it's already been done and she might be offended! ha ha. Well at least I know to check the oven. He also came yesterday before I left for the center to talk to the neighbor for me. Truth was I was anx'ting over it. I was waiting for her to come outside or was gonna knock before I left. She works at nite so I don't want to wake her up, and really my issue was I didn't want to come off like a bitch telling her to be sure the gate is properly closed with the bolt going into the ground at the bottom. Otherwise it swings open. That happened twice while I was home- luckily I was here so I could close it. Sam will stay in the yard, unless a very arrogant cat walks by, tail swishing and daring him to chase it. Then he will be out like a bolt of lightning. He could be hit by a car, or the dog catcher......etc. Anyway Poppi came back yesterday morning to talk to her. I appreciated that very much.

He's a good man, my Poppi. He came back because he knew I was worrying about talking to her. That I was going to do it, but was anxious. Last nite after walking for 40 minutes while he ran, he questioned me to see if my arch was aching at all; he knows sometimes I just keep going. And of course the result is a bad foot or leg and then I can't exercise for a couple of weeks. The other day I was complaining that I had no independence and that I had to look to him for so many things because of my lack of fluency, and how that...well totally pisses me off! But honestly, that's a problem in my pea brain. He is a caring thoughtful guy, who tries to help me, to be there for me, we take care of each other. Gotta give him kuddos for this.

 Oh- and HUGE news! We're gonna get a puppy! There are always puppies being dropped at the center, and I usually steer clear because I tend to fall in love with all of them. I've been wanting a dog, but Everardo's has NOT being wanting another dog, and so we were waiting. It really needs to be a mutual decision. Now he's working with the dogs every day and maybe that's what melted his heart ha ha, but yesterday I broke down and looked at these tiny puppies, probly only 3 weeks old, just thrown into the street- breaks your heart, right? Later Everardo showed up after running errands for the center, and said, why don't you pick one? I was stunned (ha ha) I said "WHAT"? Karen looked in in surprise as well. Later she told me he said, well she'll just keep bugging me...which I was not...and I told her- he doesn't do anything he doesn't want to..and she said that's what she thought. But he will do things to make me happy. What a guy! So stay tuned to hear about the puppy I choose...even now I worry about a puppy- Sam was hell and I remember saying I'd never have another puppy, better to get one 6 months old or older....hmmmm

Ok I leave you with a Mexico fun fact:

The largest wildcat in North America is the jaguar, which can be found in Mexico's southern jungles.


No comments:

Post a Comment