Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Ok short one: The Zumba class. Ha ha they got me! They arrived same time as me- 6:28 pm. The music was working less than 5 minutes later. And then...well they stood around the big speaker and talked until about 10 min to 7! It's kinda not worth the frustration. But I was smart and brought my headphones and ipod. I was about to grab it when 1 lady just started a dance routine with another lady- weird, not like let's go but just started it right there. I watched for a few minutes and then decided to join in, it was ot a warm up, but a pretty complicated dance step. Then a short warm up and the class started...ha ha and then the music started cutting out. I sighed to myself and got my ipod and started to walk over to the ovalo. The teacher yelled over to me- "manana!"........yeah right.

So we will go back to eating dinner between 5 & 6, then heading for the ovalo around 7pm. If they are doing the Zumba I can drop into it, otherwise I'll just go with walking. (anyway just wanted to finish the Zumba story)

My daughter's birthday was over the weekend, she turned 20. My god my baby is an adult. I didn't know what to get her, so I bought, in her name, a share in a donkey ambulance cart in Burkina Faso. Burkina Faso is a tiny country in Africa, the names of the countries seem to change alot don't they? When I was in elementary school I did a report on Rhodesia. I wonder how many times and how many names that country has had, in fact I wonder if I could google it. I am the google queen! This small country is not very kind to women. And in many areas the mode of transportation is camel, bicycle or donkey cart. These carts are to help women in trouble with having their babies. I know my young daughter has aspirations to help change the world for the better. She is interested in the environment, in green solutions, she is young enough to be outraged at the politics of the United States and I am so proud of her for that. Stay mad! Try to be part of the solution! Accept nothing less than change.

Well she is also about to move out for the first time. She has been living with her dad and his new wife, but they have sold the house and are moving to a nice condo complex. I have a feeling she could go with them, but why? She has a good job making pretty good money, enough to move out with a friend to an apartment or a house, or simply rent a room somewhere; Petaluma has a lot of cool old houses that have tiny in law units behind them, or caretaker cottages. It's an exciting time for her. I hope she makes a decision about it now while she's not in school so she doesn't let herself get overwhelmed. But she is a stubborn kid, a little spoiled (altho' she doesn't think so ha ha) and has to realize that her not wanting anything to change will not prevent the process ha ha. And now she's all grown up. My baby, I can remember like yesterday rocking her to sleep at nite. My other daughter carrying her around the house like a stuffed animal....taking a bath in the kitchen sink. The two of them looking for Easter eggs in the back yard in the grass.

Yep I'm missing them right now. I miss the smell of a redwood tree. I think I said that here before I went up there, and I never did get to go to Armstrong Woods. I did see some beautiful redwoods while I was there, but I like to rub my hands on them and carry the smell around with me all day. Next year at this time one will be turning 21 and the other will be getting married. Wow! We will of course go up for that...our anniversary is also in July...Drewy's wedding month- not sure if they chose a day yet..have to ask her. Drew has only been back on the day shift for a week and I already miss our nightly chats on facebook, but I'm really happy for her to be on days. But she is still trying to get a different job and I'm still trying to send good vibes up there to help her.

Oh they have Father's Day here in Mexico too. Everardo's daughter sent him a belated happy father's day msg yesterday...he acted like it was not a big deal but I know he was happy. So I am very happy that I asked Drewy to contact Elena and ask her if she sent him a msg. (He'll never read this so it's ok for me to spill the beans). His sister called Sunday and again today so he called her back and she had wanted to wish him a happy fathers day- but he said I'm no father, I was not there when they were growing up and that's what a father is. But she told him- you are still a father. You know, we all make mistakes, bad decisions, but its who we are right here, right now.

Ok I'll close with a Mexico fun fact:
Mexico is home to a very rare rabbit called the volcano rabbit which lives near Mexican volcanoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment