Saturday, August 3, 2013

Remembering why I love living here...

Today I remember why I love it here. It was hot outside but the wind blew all day and that helps alot. I had to run an errand so went to Arrura Bodega (Mexico Walmart) and remembered I like the open air feeling of this town. People were happy all around me, everyone smiled, people said hola. A lady and a little girl were coming out of the store and the little girl lost her red balloon, but it came down pretty quick so I ran after it along with a store clerk- they guy who gets you a cart, helps direct you out of the lot, wants to unload your groceries from the cart into your car, I think the only money they make is the tips they get in the parking lot- anyway another shopper and her family saw me chasing it and grabbed it as it went by, and gave it to me. I gave it to the clerk and he ran it back to the little girl who's mom was putting her groceries away. Everybody laughed.

We went to the beach last nite right before it got dark- no zumba cause of my migraine, I was feeling crappy but better. I even had a couple of panic attacks the nite before when the migraine was settling in. I just know the panic attacks are about chemical imbalance...and yeah it could be a stress chemical, the migraine is surely the same thing. I am completely calm about my upcoming procedure- I know it's just going to be...oh the irregular cells from the benign polyp...hear that? BENIGN?? So see maybe I have subconscious stress- hey ha ha ha subconscious stress- probly a good defense for murder right? I'll have to remember that! But I digress. The beach was breezy, Sam ran all over the place chasing the ball- unfortunately until he started to limp poor baby. Lucky tried hard to keep up, but the beach is Sam's place.

Amazing flocks of birds went by; pelicans, sea gulls, and another bird kinda a cross between the two- a long thick beak but pretty short wings and body. Anyway they all sorta floated by, a little swooping, but mostly swaying;  sometimes the breeze held them still in one spot for more than a few seconds it seemed. Then the sky itself showed it's colors, light and dark blues, swirling pinks, grays, and they kept changing as the sun disappeared. The beach is so peaceful. A few people walked along, a couple of joggers, and when I walked up a small rise I could see people further down in a big group, splashing around, and others setting up some kind of camp.

I meant to take the dogs to the park today; I wanted to walk on the lawn, but the time got away from me. Packing, and I had to stop by my new friend Deb's to drop off a couple of copper scorpions Everardo made for a charity event she's hosting and needs some auction items- well when she and I get to talking, truthfully she could talk for 4 hours straight I think, only taking a breath in between subjects...but it was all fun stuff, lots of "town gossip" cause she's been here a long time and knows alot of nutty people, so I like to listen....anyway the day slipped by. But lately I've been thinking and talking about leaving Mexico, and this morning I woke up and thought- I love it here. I love teaching; it's fun and I just let the class form itself. I like the people out at the center. I don't believe in every single thing they do, but they have good intentions. I like the people here, it's a much slower paced environment. It's SO much cheaper to live. I like my own Spanish lessons I'm doing with Rosetta Stome and I'll do them next week in Calif, and in Sept I'm starting a new, more advanced class with 2 women who are at about my level, I think we all 3 excel in different areas so we will challenge each other. I'm very excited about that.

Even taking the dogs to the vet is super cheap here- biy what a money making racket it is in the states. This city has about 60K people here, probly more than is published, but pretty much the same as the town we come from in Ca. There's a guy that sells newspapers in an intersection by the bank who always waves to me; when I'm stopped on his side we always chat. I've never bought a paper from him, but one of these days I'll start buying it. But he's just the nicest man. There's another intersection where now the entertainment is a juggler on a really tall unicycle, at another a guy who juggles flaming sticks. People are so creative here. I feel hope in the air. Yeah I think I want to be here for awhile......

I'm leaving early in the morning tomorrow, the boys are all staying home taking care of each other. But I'll be back in a week, back to my little Mexican town. And bringing my girls with me, even if only for 3 days...
Viva

Fun fact about Mexico:
Mexico’s size is 756,066 square miles, which is almost three times larger than Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment