Sunday, October 6, 2013

Why why why??

I don't have a lot to say, except that, why why why did I not take a single picture of the place we're going to rent? For me this will be (ok already is) a HUGE exercise in patience cause I'm dying to send an email to the realtor & ask for pics. But were going to be there in 3 weeks, so really I just need to let it go..we'll be there soon enough. Of course this will be the longest 3 weeks ever! We are half packed, probably more than half. All my clothes except for shorts and tshirts and flipflops are packed- oh except my zumba clothes, I want to keep going until the end.

Irka is the name of the lady we are renting thru. She told me there's a free aerobics class in the area, and then I know about the zumba class that's 20 pesos a class. I also know there's the free zumba class in Ensenada but that will take some time to find and decided if it's feasible....what time is it at? I heard mornings, but do they have an evening class? Is it at multiple parks? But hey if these are my biggest problems, then yipee.

One thing that's weird is Irka says people she rents to pay her $15 a month to pay their bills; that mail is virtually non existent and so getting your bills is difficult, etc. Well we've been living in Mexico about a year and a half, so we already know this. Here in Puerto Penasco, the electric, phone & water bills are hand dropped off in your mailbox, then you go down to their offices to pay...well phone you can pay at the grocery store. The cable tv bill shows up on your tv screen and then you go pay it. In Playa Ventura we never received any bills; we went to the next town to pick them up, and then moved to the next window to pay- except for electric, which some guy in town picked up and we went to his house to get them, then paid in the next town. So we got this. Hmm feels like I already wrote this so sorry if it's a repeat, but maybe I said it in an email to my sister....
Anyway we're gonna talk to her about this; we can pay our own bills. I know we don't put them in our name, she was clear about that, but the water and electric here are not in our name either. I think most of her clients are Americans or Canadians...not Mexicans, and so the non-user friendly way of doing things is hard. But we're used to it. And although Everardo may start working, I probably will not so it's not like I don't have time ha ha.

There's another weird thing too, and she didn't tell us until after we knew we wanted the place. I guess the land in front of the beach in the neighborhood our house is in, is owned by this one woman. And she CHARGES $40 a month for beach access!! Yeah that's NOT gonna happen. I figured she was an old woman who watched this stuff all get built up around her, but Irka said she's in her 40's married...I didn't ask if she was Mexican or American...but no matter; we will figure something out. If we have to drive 5 minutes in one direction or the other to get to the beach then so be it. Hopefully we'll be able to work something out with her. I haven't even seen the area, meaning how you get to the beach or anything cause we drove in and drove out. I do know that as the crow flies, the walk would be maybe 5 minutes to the beach. I know that I can see the beach from our upstairs living room windows. And this is only a feeling but it seems like not too many people live in our neighborhood year round, it has the vacation house feeling to it, and it was very quiet. We had actually driven in there before we went with Irka, and had driven in there last time we were there a month ago and never saw anybody else there either time. Maybe this woman is sick of people showing up for a few weeks and tramping thru her yard down to the beach, then leaving. Maybe people are rude to her...I don't know- I hope it's not that she's just a greedy bitch cause that will suck.

It's kinda like this. You drive south from Ensenada about 15 minutes, the road is to the Bufadora which is a huge tourist attraction. It's a 2 lane road but it might be a highway. I may have mentioned it's under construction at the front end, but it seems like they're making good progress so hopefully it will be done end of October as scheduled. Anyway as you come into Punta Banda which is a tiny town, there's some little stores and restaurants, and neighborhoods on both sides of the street. Our neighborhood (and I'm sure it has a name but I don't know what it is yet), is a right hand turn off the main road. This road is pretty long, goes along the beach back towards Ensenada and every so often there's a left turn into a group of houses. Our turn is the first one. We had gone in there on our own cause we saw a for rent sign, but we never found the place. We didn't really drive all around it; we hit a couple of dead ends and so just found our way back out. So really I guess I'm not sure how far the walk is to the beach. It's kinda like a mobile home park, you know with little lanes and the roads are gravel not paved...(but not sandy dusty dirt like here-ugh). Our house is at the end of one of those lanes, so we are also a dead end..I think, hmmm now I'm wondering if the road actually turned left at our house...I just can't remember. Too bad- I was tired by then, trying to fight off the frustration of all the crappy places and the nice but just not quite right places we'd seen, and not expecting much from this place either. Ha ha and then we liked it. I wish we would have gone back and looked around the neighborhood the next day before we left but it was in the complete opposite direction....

Anyway we will work something out with this woman, or we won't. I hope we will. Maybe we'll get to know her, maybe she'll love Sam (everybody does)...anyway we'll see.

Hmm for not having much to say I guess I wrote alot. I think in a few minutes we're off to the Pinacate. Not the resort- the National Park area. It's a volcano and we've never been out there. Since we're leaving we thought we'd go check it out. Yesterday and Friday Everardo took his wares to the beach since the tourists are coming back now the the heat wave broke, but today we're gonna have a touristy day for ourselves...and San too. Well gotta get ready....oh yeah shorts and a tshirt ha ha...of and hat for the sun...same as EVERY day here.

Mexico fun fact:
When Spanish Conquistador Hernan Cortés arrived in 1519, the Aztecs believed he was their returning god, Quetzalcoatl, and offered him the drink of the gods: hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment