Saturday, December 14, 2013

Regained my senses

Ok after a good nite's sleep I regained my senses, and the moble home is out. Not because it's a mobile home; my mom lived in a really nice one, and the bigger ones can be good. And maybe if this one was a little nicer it would be ok that's it's pretty small. But it's pretty beat up, and the kitchen is sooo small, that I just don't think we'd be happy there long term. I mean my hubby likes to cook, and I even give it a shot sometimes, but food is a big part of our lives...So the kitchen has basically zero counter space, yes even less than Penasco. The counter next to the sink would be taken up by the dish drainer, and it's not two basins, so storing the drainer on one side is not an option either. There's a small bar at the end, where you could have a chair-on the outside side of it, but it would never work for every day food preperation, it would kill your back. The other thing was the neighbor; he is really close...like outside the door which leads into the kitchen is a driveway with his van it in, and on the other side of the van is the stairs to his place. He was very nicem don't get me wrong, but maybe that super nice that means you see alot of him. He was offering us to hook into his internet and his phone line (I think for a price), but was very chatty...he's an older guy who lives alone and we have sorta become a couple who likes to socialize, but when we get home, well it's our space. And really, we don't know how he's be, and if we like everything else it wouldn't stop us from taking the place. But it is just really beat up. So it's a pass. (oh and if we can't find anything in the next few months- I bet the place would still be available...but we will find something).

When we went back yesterday, out of courtesy, the woman wanted to show us another place, but it was $500US...but we said ok we'll have a look. But that's what we're paying here and we know we can do better- anyway we go look at it, and ...ha ha....it's a place they showed us in Sept- and then it was only $350!! It was a dump, and laid out terribly, not eve worth describing.

Today we went to Ensenada to the noon AA meeting and I was able to chat a little with Patti and another woman Maryanne. Patti had told me via email that she and Maryanne could help us look. Today Paiit said "after the holidays", but I chatted for a moment with Maryanne and she gave her email and said she'd look around. We like the meeting there even though it's only once a week. But today a guy brought up that he like to have a discussion whether we should have that meeting another day a week, so it would be twice. We came early and so we walked a couple of blocks in that area and saw some cute houses; small places but with yards. So we're gonna look there. Everardo could probably find a job there much easier, and I probly could, too. I actually saw a manufacturing company while we were getting gas and I wrote down the name so I can look it up, and maybe send my resume. Mfg is my background, and especially for a company doing business with the US or Asia, or a US company doing business down here, maybe I could help. So, lot's of options for us, lots of options. We still want to try and find out about the ugly carpet house, and if it's still empty, see if we can deal with the owner or someone other than Irka Davis, who is the person who showed it to us the first time. I mean we could both get jobs in Ensenada and still live here, it's that close, so it's a nice feeling to have options.

Man Ensenada was busy today. Just like the states- when December rolls around, the stores get busy and traffic increases. And people drive like nut cases. If you're in the left turn lane and it's a long line, someone will just stop in the next lane and wait for the turn lite and speed ahead of you. One lane becomes two at any given moment. Everardo laughs when people speed by us or jump into our lane and I am learning that his way works! Why get pissed off at idot drivers? Do they know I'm mad? (no), Does it change anything? (no) We are not in a hurry or in danger of losing or missing anything, so why get upset? Is it going to affect anyone but me, ever? (NO) So I'm trying to go with his way. And we do have fun watching pedestrians jumping out of the way, or jumping in the way...people running red lights, and this is SO common that it's not a great idea to jump in as soon as the light hits green cause somebody may be chasing thru even tho' their way is now red. Even is the people behind you start honking the milisecond it turns green. And I like the way the stoplights work here; the green light starts blinking before it goes to yellow, so you have time to stop- or time to jump on the gas and make the light ha ha.

Lots of people have Christmas lites and trees in their windows, much more than in Penasco. Puerto Penasco is a strange place. Everardo says it's because Arizona is trying so hard to own it. There wasn't much decoration around over there last year, but here people are into it. It feels much more like Mexico here than in Penasco. Well and the Americans here (& Canadians), well all the people we've met, they're here because they can't afford to live in the states, yes it's mostly retirees on social security, but some younger people. But they are all trying to make it work here, with less..and it makes you really look at your life and see what you just gotta have, and what you can do without. Makes for pretty interesting people. We are liking it here, very much, and talking about buying a small plot of land...of course when (if) the house in Guerrero ever sells. We could put a double wide mobile home on it pretty inexpensively...or even build a place. Everardo could do almost all of it. This may be the place (ok knock wood to not jinx it!). Yes we are only in month 2, but we both like it. Yippe for now. Viva.

Oh and one last thing. I don't know where my reader(s) from Russia has gone but I hope they come back! When I look at my stats for all time, Russia is still number 3 after the US & Mexico...but they haven't looked at my blog in over a month. So I hope they come back! And hey you other people from all these cool countries! Leave a comment, even if it's not in English cause I can always use Google Translate, but I'd love to hear what you think! Like I said, it's really an online diary for me, but seeing all the pageviews I get from all over the place is so totally cool, so come on...leave me a comment! Ok that's it for now.

Well this is my last Mexico fun fact for this list I was using...gotta find another list...
The Chichen Itza Pyramid in Mexico was named one of the new Seven Wonders of the World.

No comments:

Post a Comment