Saturday, July 26, 2014

Wedding on the beach and a new hammock!!

This morning I went out to throw the ball for Sam & Hazel for half an hour before I left since I was going to Ensenada to the noon meeting, and even without going to the store it ends up being at least 3 hours. I took our buddy Tim, who did need to go to the store, and leaving at 11am I didn't get home until about 2:30. Anyway when I looked down the beach I saw all these white tents being set up and with some white ribbon or sashes I guess, I believe it was for a wedding. Second wedding this summer here on our strip of beach. The last one was more at a house with the beach as a backdrop, but this one seemed to be totally set up on the beach.

When I got back this afternoon and looked down the beach I saw alot of people sitting at tables, and milling about. In front of our house we had a pretty thick red tide, but down in front of them it seems like it was very light. I'm happy for that; this morning it was pretty red down there, but I think it moved more our way. I took a nice little nap after that, close to an hour and then got up to putter around, acting very Saturday-ish...ha ha the only reason Saturday is different from week days is I don't exercise on the the weekend. A little fruit and cheese, and back outside to sit and enjoy the fresh air. When Everardo came home, he showed up with a GREAT surprise. A new hammock!! Yippee!

My first hammock was rainbow colors and I got it down in Playa Ventura. Our friends Chela and Gume who had the restaurant I hung our at had hammocks around the patio and after eating a nap in the hammock was heaven. The next time the guy came around who sold hammocks Gume pointed him towards our place. They are huge and you can get so comfy in them, in fact they became my favorite way to sleep! I napped in mine almost every day down there in Guerrero because it was so hot at nite, and you had to keep the sheet on you to avoid being devoured by bugs (even with bug juice on), that I was always tired in the day time. Tropical heat 24/7 just takes you down. I fell in love with the wind, any small breeze made a big difference because I was always soaking wet, and a breeze could cool me off, & even just a bit was gratefully indulged. We had two hammocks, but Everardo didn't nap in them as much as me, he could do it outside or inside and sleep away.

Unfortunately hanging so close to the beach and in the heat wore thru the hammock...well maybe it was then the change to the heat in Penasco, where we were not near the water and where it hung it got searchingly hot.....but after we got here to Baja, and the hamock went up....it simply tore. Ah I remember now that the puppy next door..Brownie-who we almost brought with us, had reached up and chewed a little hole in the hammock, but when we got here it just sort of rotted away. I could still lay in it, sort of on one side...but it was not as comfortable and rotted away a little more every time I got in it....and has been unusable for a couple of months. But today! Today Poppi brought me home a new hammock! This one is blue and black- he actually apologized for not finding one with purple in it...(love dat guy)...and he put it up....and it's purrrrfect! I'am a so happy! I grabbed a pillow and a new book and jumped in. On top of that he made torta for dinner.

Tortas is my most favorite dinner since coming to Mexico. Yes I love everything; carnitas, chicken and beans, pork & beans, chicken and beans....yeah we eat alot of beans...and of course the fish. Well and I love the fresh lobster as well, but really we can't eat lobster every week. Torta we usually have once a week. It's the thinnest sliced meat I've ever seen. He frys it, and puts on bosillos (like a french roll) with cheese. That's it- so simple and yet oh oh oh so good. Sometimes he adds more, like onions, tomatoes, garlic, mushrooms, etc- but I like it best just meat and cheese and I notice he's been doing the same thing for himself lately. So a perfect end to a nice lazy Saturday.

Ok so back to the wedding festivities. Just a little while ago he went out with the dogs and told me to come out and look. They were sending up these candle balloons....well I'm not sure they're balloons, maybe candles and bags? Not sure how it's done but I've seen it before. But these were so beautiful. And they have music but are the perfect distance from us because when we're outside we can hear the beat of the base, but that's it and nothing once we came back inside. They have that color light machine so the whole area is lighted up different colors and seems to change with the music. There's some kids closer to us on the beach and they are playing volleyball in the dark with flashlights around the sides and I could hear them laughing. Hmmmm ok now they are lighting off fireworks...the loud banging kind, the kind Sam hates, so he is pacing. But it's only a little after 9pm, so hopefully they will run out soon. Fireworks are very popular here.

The weather seems to hang around the 70's (F), sometimes getting hot for a little while in the afternoon and people have been swimming wherever it's not red tide. Tim, who has been here around 4 years says this is how it is. I like it cooler in the morning for my morning dance-exercise; I danced in the afternoon this past Wednesday and forgot my baseball hat...and I thought I had sunstroke! ha ha

The only downside about today is that this afternoon I reached up to my neck to scratch a mosquito bite I got- usually they come out at nite- and a little while later noticed it was really itchy and took my chain I always wear off so it wouldn't aggravate it- and looked in the mirror...and it was twice as big....and I had another on my chin. Now, a few hours later the one on my chin goes from right under my lip to my chin, so about an inch long and kinda fat, and the one on my neck also about an inch long and almost as wide. Hmmmm. I think it's gotta be spider bites. Not fair really since I try never to kill spiders (out of fear of retaliation ha ha) but I did kill a tick yesterday that was walking up my leg. I knock it off and hit it with my shoe...which did nothing, so I got a spoon and flat side down I heard it crack when I squished it....gross right? Do you think ticks talk to spiders? Did I get revenge bit? Ha ha ha ha Actually I don't think so because I think I got bit while I was in Ensenada or at least on the way back...oh so the guilty sucker is probly still in the truck....hmmm

So another beautiful afternoon and evening in Baja......- oh and if I wake up and my bites are cover my whole face and neck....well I'll probly hit the clinic....keep ya all posted! Viva!

No comments:

Post a Comment