Thursday, May 17, 2012

Just to make sure I can add posts before I actually get started, I'll write a little now. We went to the Mexican consulate today and I'm SO relieved. our menaje de casa got approved! This is a list of household goods we're taking and now we will be able to cross the border with it all duty free. Yipee. I had to sign a copy of my passport stating I would not at a later date try to do this again since it's one per family and it was done under my husband's name. That was fine since I had heard the rules had changed and this was only available to Mexican Nationals, guess that was wrong...Well I'm already learning that I am going to have lots of lessons in not being in control- of anything. I was asked to sit aside and only consulted at the end of the interview...and the conversation was quick and I could barley hear it since I was kinda outside the woman's cube. I'm organized and like to know EXACTLY what is expected and where things are at.....ok now I have to throw this all out the window! I get to learn patience, too.  ok enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment