Thursday, July 19, 2012

OK!! Just got internet AND telephone!! Yipee! I'm chatting with my daughter who's on a trip with friends in Europe for 17 days and talking on the phone to my other daughter! Just this morning Telmex said there was nothing they could do, that someone would have to come out and climb poles. We gave up sitting home every day and so we left...ha ha! We're back up and running! uh oh ok knock on wood!
Monday was our anniversary, it was a wonderful day. Woke up to some lovin' then he made my favorite breakfast (potatoes and eggs over easy), a walk & a swim on the beach, nap in the hammock, and finally a great dinner at out friend's restaurant, I had shrimp and he had something really spicy. How great is life???

I love that I'm overcoming my fear of the ocean. I mean a healthy fear is good- and to be so shocked at the power of the water, well it's a good thing and I'm just thankful it worked out ok. But now I want to go back to loving being in the sea...ha ha afraid only of sharks! So each day I walk a little closer to the rocks, and playing in the water not near the rocks is a gas. The first time was the other day, and altho' I loved it, I stayed close to Everardo. Then yesterday I took Sam for a walk down to Chela's but she wasn't there so I started back. Then this young woman, Carol ran up to me. She's here for a month, then back in Dec with her kids. Her husband is from here and is working on a house or a hotel they're building. They came from Fort Bragg! Less than 100 miles (I think) from Petaluma. They also drove down but thru Tijuana, Sonora, Sinaloa, etc. We went to Texas and crossed next to Juarez. But she said it was uneventful. The US does a really good job scaring people away from Mexico trying to keep the dollars spent in the US. But I have been about 4 times now to Acapulco, and seen nothing dangerous, and the news was just showing record crowds at the beaches there.

Anyway she and I started chatting and then decided to go in the water. It was great, and funny thing is, after it gets about waist deep then it gets shallow again for about 200 yards. The waves are amazing, they start to go back out and run into the new ones and make a big crash, it's fun to get caught in that. I've never seen this before, maybe it has to do with the currents & the rocks. It's funny if you go in one area, the waves pull you one way, and a few feet away they pull you the other. The waves cross each other and go in different directions.
So today we went swimming again with Tony, 3 yrs old and fearless. And I was pretty fearless too. I hope I go swimming every morning. Altho ha ha afterwards it feels like naptime! The only bad part was that Everardo lost his wedding ring in the ocean while we were playing. And to add absurdity...we looked for it! ha ha! He noticed after we got out and walked up the beach. So we went back into the water to look! Hmmm maybe somebody in Hawaii will find it with a metal detector!! Totally sucks- it matched mine...but oh well what can you do.

Maybe tomorrow our furniture will be done. It was supposed to be Tuesday...but this is Mexico...but anyway having furniture "made" is pretty cool, just saying, well we want three drawers across the top, and cabinets underneath....we gave width length and height, and that's it. Of course there's a chance I won't be ecstatically happy...ok knock on wood again. 








No comments:

Post a Comment