Saturday, July 21, 2012

Got internet- lost tv ha ha. Ok not really lost tv, but lost all the English channels. Thursday nite I was so happy to get internet & phone back, then woke up Friday morning to missing channels. Ha ha this is Mexico. But what actually happened is that when you first get Sky tv they give you all the channels the first month. Maybe they said that at the place but nobody translated it to me so I just thought those were our channels. Well apparently Friday a new month started. It's funny I thought I chose the packages that included the most channels in English but I did not. So we worked it out with them but it hasn't started yet. The guy said maybe today (Friday), or maybe tomorrow, and if not Sunday, then come back on Monday! Well we have a couple of stations and we don't watch that much tv anyway, mostly at nite while online...much more whole we had no online access or phone haha. One is Fox News- yeah I know- how can it be actual news when it's Fox? Well the weather is probably true, and maybe traffic...it kinda bothers me that there's CNN int'l, BBC World, and for US news only- Fox. I mean really doesn't everyone know that Fox is bullshit! That you know they're lying because their lips are moving??? But anyway I have those 3 news stations and one other station that's just movies, last nite the 2 movies were awful, a good one just ended with Robert Dinero whom I love.

So Monday is a new adventure- going to Morelia to visit Everardo's very sick very elderly aunt. It's about an 8 hour drive and we are not taking Sam. Leaving him home alone for the first tome for more than just 3-4 hours. But Eriika and Polo are going to sleep here at nite with him, feed him and walk him. The funny thing is it might be cold in Morelia, like needing a jacket!! Wow that would be the first time in almost 2 months! Let's see, this is the end of week 6 living here, and a week to get here (a hot long drive every day week). I'm dying to shave my head...not like I haven't done it before. And actually I met my husband when I was bald ha ha. Well not actually met cause he knew me, but I didn't really know him. He said "you always had this posse of women around you- I couldn't get close to you"...but he wanted to  ...
Maybe when we get back our furniture will be ready. We went over there Friday morning and 2 of 3 pieces were done, but we said no pressure, see you in a week. But I'm excited cause I liked the 2 dressers. They are narrow, 5 drawers each and in between we'll put a pole for my hanging clothes. Yeah the houses here have no closets.And we'll paint too if the big rains still haven't appeared. Tonite the sky was amazing! ha amazing has become my favorite word, I guess because I am continually amazed- and that's a good thing. I need to google to see how close to the equator we are. I mean I know the sun is closer to the earth here, but the clouds are so different here, they seem to be in layers, and the shapes! It's like an art show every evening as the clouds are different colors, the sky is different colors, and the waves come in different directions & sizes. Tonite they had this spray on top that you could see thru...never seen anything like it. And the tide was coming way way in. A guy down the beach told me that next month I'll see the water all the way up to our wall around the property. He said the sea was angry today (the huge waves and the water coming up so far). I found that interesting because Everardo called the sea angry earlier. Maybe it's a Mexican thing. Angry was a good word a few weeks ago after the storm and it was so windy- there was so much debris coming in, and tree trunks! The beach is changing shape too. Gotta get my clothes off the line- too bad I thought of it after it got dark but it looks like rain, and since I've been washing the clothes by hand the last couple of weeks..arrgghh. But now that I've used the shower next to the kitchen and seen how good the water comes out, I think I'll rinse the soap out of them in there next time.

We bought some material for curtains for the 2 windows that look towards the ocean in the living room (sala)- but I'm just gonna hang it over the wood poles hubby bought cause we both decided we like the window where we put a blue Mexican blanket with a pattern of a peacock, so we're gonna try to buy 2 more blankets with the same idea, colorful and some pattern..yippe means I don't have to sew anything....oops the clothes!





No comments:

Post a Comment