Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The internet comes and goes here. Living is paradise is not free...it can be very frustrating, and the language barrier doesn't help that's for sure! I have been fighting with the bank to get my name on our account. First they wanted a visa, so I got my residency card, and when we returned to the bank they wanted my passport. So we returned with my passport and they want proof of our address...I started to come unglued- hey this is just adding me to an existing account. But how do they know I live there- oh god oh god, the utility bill we showed them didn't even have either of our names on it! It was the next door neighbors! Each time it takes over an hour to drive there, and at least 20 minutes waiting our turn. Then when it is your turn, they answer the phone and help customers, and people walk up to the desk and ask questions/or for help, and they get it. Everybody smiles the whole time...so we went back with the utility bill, wait our turn, then it was about an hour of paperwork, they fill in forms, print them put, make numerous copies, make little piles which are checked & rechecked, and at the end told us, we will submit this and probably it will be accepted....apparently after this HCSB scandal with money laundering they are being very careful with foreigners. so I will be investigated. I guess I understand but SHIT! Mexico- hurry up and wait. Our furniture was supposed to be ready last Tuesday, last Friday, and today. Today we were busy painting so we didn't bother going ha ha. After 10 days of no phone & no internet, the tv changed- again a logical reason that if I would have only been TOLD it woulda been fine. So Friday they said ok your good, if you don't have the stations by Sunday, come back on Monday...nobody does anything by phone or email- we pay our bills at the post office, and go to any place of business to find out things. So we didn't go back until Tuesday, cause on Monday we were at the bank and 2 hours away trying to put the PGE bill in our name, of course that didn't happen, we have to return with the title to the house...so on Tuesday they said- oh you have to pay first, then come back. We paid, but when we came back the guy wasn't there- out with his boss. So they said come back tomorrow 9 or 10am. So back this morning, and ha ha they were closed. But we went out to breakfast and to the store for more paint brushes and when we came back- yipee, so we have paid all our bills, even the one that is not in our name yet, and have tv, phone & internet. The house is half painted, reds, oranges, yellows, and purple to come tomorrow...so what the hell am I complaining about?

Yesterday after a little painting we ate around 5:30, and we eat outside so we didn't notice the electricity went out. Washed the dishes and went for a walk on the beach. Our friends Gencho & Rosa and a bunch of kids were on the beach, Gencho in the surf, digging after the waves came in. He was catching these little-well some kind of crab I think, shaped like an army helmet but more narrow, and only about 2-3 inches long. Underneath white, little crawly legs, he throw them up the beach and the kids had to grab them quick before they burrowed back into the sand. It was fun. When we got down near Chela's; where there are no rocks, I jumped into the surf with Rosa. She and I were laughing as I couldn't get my footing & would get knocked over by the next wave. Then finally Gencho was done and everybody jumped in the water. Then they walked back down the beach and Everardo, Sam & I stayed in the water awhile- Sam gets exhausted but keeps going poor puppy dog. Then we walked up to Chela's and they were in the pool, so oh boy a nice relaxing time in the pool. As it got dark we found out there was no electricity- so why hurry home?

We stayed until around 9pm and then walked home on the beach. The amazing thing is how much light the moon gives. And it was just a sliver- but I think it's close to the earth- like the sun is too. I mean we could totally see. It made me think of my Mom, cause the moon- well it was full the night she left us, I prayed to the moon that night before I walked back in. When she left, her face was so beautiful, smooth, not a wrinkle or a line on her face. Her hair was straight back, she looked like a native american woman, she was so peaceful. For the first few months the full moon filled me up with emotion, sadness, but peace because she had a good life and she was ready to be with Dad.

So I googled how close we are to the equator here, I google everything ha ha. We are about 2400 miles away, but to San Francisco it's another 1700 so we're alot closer than we were. And I think the equator is where the earth is closest to the sun...hmmm better google that too.

So I had to stop Sam from being in a street fight with a donkey today! He was barking at these 2 donkeys outside our fence, but the gate was open and they were gonna come one in. Sam ran at this one donkey who put his head down for a head bunt- but then really fast turned around and I think he was gonna kick Sam in the head. I was running toward them and screamed (not yelled- screamed), so Sam retreated, the damn donkey was still gonna come in but I closed the gate real quick. It was just the small side so it was easy- but damn I never have the camera when I need it ha ha! Another day in Paradise....

No comments:

Post a Comment