Sunday, July 22, 2012

Yipee not going to Morelia tomorrow after all! Everardo's aunt is apparently not that sick since her children left for a trip to visit in the US. We want to go there, but his sister and one brother live in the area, too and we need to visit with them, so it's better to wait. This would have been too rushed. Drive 8 hours. Visit next day. Drive 8 hours back. And I'm worried about Sam. He's just getting used to being here. I mean he's fine but still kinda clingy. Just starting to wolf down his food like he used to, and bring us whatever he's currently chewing with tail wagging. He chases coconuts like balls on the beach. He still doesn't like to sit outside too long by himself, wants to be inside with us- but in Petaluma he'd sit on the porch for hours- altho' he had a dog door to the front porch and the backyard so he could go in & out as he pleased. Hmmm something to consider.

Anyway we have lots to do this week; start the painting (maybe finish), figure out how to get the PGE bill in our name, find out if the place we pick it up is actually a post office box that we could receive mail from the US, hopefully the furniture will be done, oh get the tv straightened out since still don't have the stations we chose. Altho' they want us to pay in 8 days ha ha. Oh and the lady who's making me 2 shirts is coming too.

The ocean is spitting up alot of debris today, not safe for swimming or even for Sam to go in past wading. Must be storming somewhere. The water's coming way up again too. Yesterday we bought some material for curtains but I don't like it so I'm just folding it over the rod, not sewing it, and we found out today the place I bought the blankets a couple of years ago is in Marquelia every other Sunday, not today so hopefully next week. They are thin blankets, almost like a bedspread and the deep blue one is very cool with a peacock design; I'm thinking a red one and a green one for the two other windows.

Today I just jumped in every conversation with Spanish. My speaking IS getting better, ha ha not so sure about understanding. Actually reading subtitles in Spanish is helping too. Gume commented this morning when he stopped by with little Tony to return the ladder, and then Chela said something this afternoon when we walked up there. We gave them the old fridge- it worked but was apartment size small, so last week we bought a new one in Acapulco. Now we need an ice chest ha ha because if we buy anything cold or frozen it will melt before we get home from Marquelia. So forget Acapulco- I bought some cheddar and swiss cheese- yuck when we got home it was gooey and gross. At first I put it in the fridge but later went back and thru it away. aha so ice chest goes on the list for this week.

I also have a big swollen scratch on my back right where all my shorts go so it sucks. Now I'm using neosporin and wearing dresses, it's been about 5 days and I think it's getting better....it's probly from swimming with Sam. The first time he made long scratches on my side and back of my legs so I learned how to swim with him ha ha. I think it's the same thing & I just don;t remember the blinding pain ha ha...if it doesn't get better this week I'll go to the doctor- it's certainly easy & cheap to do. ha ha I keep thinking of leeches, but that is not what this is- it's a SCRATCH! Ok I feel better...

No comments:

Post a Comment