Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I just took a look at yesterday's post cause I was pretty sad when I wrote it. Ha ha it looks like I screwed it up cause the same thing is typed more than once. I actually typed it when the internet was down, then saved it on the desktop, then cut and pasted, but it took a few times of saving it so anyway it looked weird. I'm not gonna try to fix it other than adding the beginning which wasn;t there at all.

But I don;t usually go back and look at what I already wrote, and I hope none of the other posts look like that- but I'm not gonna look.

So- today I feel much better. Kinda prayed my way out of my sadness and despair. I know happiness is inside me, that's the only way to get there, for me. I was trying to remember the exact words of something Abe Lincoln said about...you will be about as happy as yu allow yourself to be...I remember when I first saw those words, I was struck by them. Of course when I was trying to remember this morning I was chatting with somebody on the phone and said it was either Ben Franklin or Thomas Jefferson ha ha. (couldn't be chatting about that here cause I'd never figure out the words in the right order AND credit them to the right person- then I'd get frustrated with my Spanish and not be happy ha ha ha ha)

Another lesson in patience today. Went to pay the cable bill at that little post office/bill pay place in Copala and there was about 20 people in line ahead of us. They were closed yesterday so I guess we had 2 days of people. On top of that the internet had been down all day in that office so some of those people had been waiting a long time. I saw 3 or 4 people in there, but only one window open at the counter and I complained...oooops commented on the fact that customer service is not on the top of anybody's list around here. Take the grocery store for example; 4 people standing around, a couple sweeping or dusting shelves, and one checker, 8 people in line. And nobody says anything. I was number 8 of course and pissed off because we had ice cream. But it just is what it is. And that's everywhere. But today I was wrong, the guys who were in there were working on the internet, only the lady at the window actually worked there. So we all waited. After about an hour I was within about 6 people, and the woman at the counter started receiving negative sounding remarks from other people in line. Poppi had gone to buy vegetables so couldn't translate for me. Later he told me that he heard they had been grumbling about how much cash she was getting (not sure how this works but you can get cash, maybe from your bank? there), anyway there's only so much in that office at a time and the other people were mad cause she was taking alot.


Well a couple of minutes later she was done and this woman in a flowered dress came in and got by the front of the line- I thought she was with the woman that was now at the counter. Well Everardo wandered back in then and took a look and he started saying something to her. The  her husband showed up and got in Poppi's face, who did not back down. Other people were supporting Poppi and he kept it up. The guy back off when Everardo didn't take his shit. So it turns out that they had come at 9am, but the internet had been down so they thought they should be in the front of the line. ha ha- Everardo told them get to the back of the line. You left, so you gave up your spot. Other people started chiming in so they finally went back. So then there's 3 people ahead of me and another wonam all smiley shows up in front. She had also been there earlier and wanted to cut in. So the women in front of me and behind me scooted closer together. All I knew was I was behind this one and in front of that one. I shoved my bill and my money thru the window before the cutter! And the lady after me did the same. Wow it's funny- this also happens everywhere and if they can get away with it, they do. I saw it in the bank when we had to talk to the bankers, not go to the window. As you're talking to the banker, someone comes in and starts asking questions, and sometimes the banker helps them. It's bizarre. Everardo told me I have to stand up for myself, which anyone who knows me knows I got no problem doing; it's just when I'm not sure what's going on- damn the language the language, I am a little more timid. Ha ha I don't think timid has every been used to describe me!

So it rained all nite and all day today, until around 4 or 5pm. So about 6pm we walked on the beach, the water is so warm! But the sea is so choppy, not for going in, and barely for wading. But Sam ran and chased sticks and coconuts and we got some fresh air. I know my Mom is with me always. And I saw my daughter posted on FB some pics of her and her Grandma when she was a baby and said she was the favorite, and talked about looking for lizards, putting on makeup, and baking cookies with Grandma. Then later I saw my niece Sarah, a year younger than Drewy, post- no sorry I was the favorite ha ha. Today is Sarah's birthday and I hope she got the voicemail I left on their home phone and I sang happy birthday to her. And my singing leaves a bit to be desired, but she knows I love her.

I know it's Sept 11, but I'd rather remember my niece's birthday is that day than anything else and I'll leave it at that. I talked to some newcomers on the AA chat site this evening and that always makes me feel better, too. Reminds me of how grateful I am. Oh and I got to talk to my little one, Halla for a few minutes too and I miss her so much so it's nice to catch up with her. But I think she got a flat tire on her bike while she was talking to me, so she headed off to the bike store to get it fixed. I'm missing my other daughter cause I suddenly don't know her work schedule so I don;t want to call when she;s working- she has been working 6pm to 6am yuck yuck, but I know it's changing to a day shift so that's a good thing. And I talked to my brother today too- wow busy woman I was today. But I ordered so much crap and sent it to his house to pick up next wknd, so I thought I'd warn him ha ha.

Well it's almost midnite and it's not raining! Hmmm probly soon. It's a very rainy Sept here, of course I don't know if that's normal or not. I've been told that July & Aug were pretty dry for here, so maybe Sept will go out with a bang. I'm feeling very positive again and that's the normal me, oh and when we went to take Sam to the beach this afternoon, Everardo had chopped away the weeds growing at the bottom of the steps at the beach where I have to walk a few steps to the sand, and I commented the other day I was afraid of scorpions. He told me then- there's no scorpions here near the sand and water- but he came back later and chopped the weeds away- is he the best- or what!! I love love him!




No comments:

Post a Comment