Saturday, September 29, 2012

The pizza oven is almost done! Too bad I never did figure out how to post photos here. Everardo, Gume and another guy worked all day yesterday and thought today would be a half day, but most of the day again. There's a small bit left and Everardo says he can do it. I thought the outer coating was going to be done by him and me, but it wasn't like patting mud, and they did it. I took alot of pictures both days and I'm posting them on Facebook.

I think we're going to have a bbq in it in the next couple of days; probably goat and maybe some chickens. Not sure if I've had goat before, but I'm certainly willing to try it. In Marqulia there's a place called Tacos de Chivo right across from the Telcel place and I know Poppi has eaten there a few times. The first time I was there but it was early in the morning and I didn't want any kind of tacos for breakfast unless they were eggs & cheese so I passed.

My foot is much better. I woke up about 4am and pulled the brace on to stretch that muscle and been wearing shoes- ok flipflops but they have a heel. Yesterday Sam and I walked up to town and around some places I hadn't been I I was fine.I delivered to Lupita a cd player, an English book with a cd in it and a Spanish English dictionary. I think her dad was helper number 3 today cause Poppi said he told him that she's very happy to have the stuff, but not sure how to use it. He told him to tell her to come and see me, which is what I told her when I gave it to her. She's 9yrs old, but one of those "wise beyond her years" kind of kid, and if she doesn't come in the next few days I'll walk back over there.

Unfortunately my little panic attacks have come back. Used to come back about once a year, but I had them early in the year, maybe Jan or Feb, then right after we got here, and again now. Sucks. They pass quickly, I can feel them coming on. Sometimes, maybe all the time when they are around I get this metal taste in my mouth. It stays all the time, not just when it's happening. I have it now. Yuck. A fear kinda rolls thru me, I almost said sweeps but it's much slower than that. During the nite is the scariest cause in the dark I'm not sure Everardo is Everardo sleeping next to me, but he has told me to grab his arm- grab him, when it starts. I swear it doesn;t last a minute. Years ago they would last 2 or 3 minutes. We had this wonderful family friend, Gray Bear, when I was trying to get sober the first time I met him and he had like 20 years sobriety. That was 1989. Then in the I didn't get sober until 2001, but he stayed friends with us all that time. I had met my now ex husband in 1991, and although he wasn't an alcoholic, he also became close with Gray Bear who helped us thru some tough times back then. Anyway I think it was about 1997 when I started getting the panic attacks and when he was up visiting us from Anaheim he taught me this mediation technique to calm myself down. And when I practiced it the attacks didn't come. In the early 2000's they came back- yeah I wasn't meditating, but I learned another thing that helped. I stopped resisting them; when they came on I just said- ok come on, I am not afraid, just come on, and they would fade quickly, maybe less than a minute. Back then I would think I could smell something familiar and I was supposed to remember something, but I couldn't define either. Now I just feel it coming and try to say..ok. Toda it happened in the hammock and Sam was next to me. I said his name and when he looked at me he looked scary- just for a split second. But it left quick. This is the first time I ever talked about it outside close family and ha ha for sure never this public. Not really even in meetings. hmmm maybe this will help...we'll see.

The weather has stayed kinda gray, blue sky then gray and hot hot hot. And the water is so high that I am hesitant to take Sam to the beach as much. I thought September was supposed to be the end of the rainy season- maybe it goes out with a bang ha ha.

Sam loves that little arroyo though so if I take him down there he looks for sticks and runs thru the water and I can sit on a rock and watch the water...talk about therapy, the ocean is amazing. Well he's outside barking and it may be the bread lady so I guess I'll go check it out.






1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying your blog....I hope talking about the panic attacks here works for you!!! My sister gets them once in awhile, but takes Xanax for it when they come. Don't know if that is a good thing or not but works for her. Good luck keeping them under control!

    ReplyDelete