Monday, October 1, 2012

The pizza oven is done- called orno en espanol. Not sure of the spelling...So we are going to have a bbq and have some friends over to eat, Chela, Gume and their 3 kids, plus Rosa & Gencho and their kids, not sure if anyone else. We need to decide what to cook. Ha ha we were saying chivo (goat), and it's funny, the men are good with chivo and the women make icky faces...then I quickly say and pollo! (chicken). But today we were talking to Chela & Gume and talked about lamb, cow, chicken, so we'll see. Not sure when either. I guess Everardo worked really hard on it for 3 days and maybe doesn't want to look at it right now ha ha. We put photos on Facebook and everybody commented and likes it very much. I keep calling it a pizza oven, and well maybe we'll make a pizza in there, but really it's for everything- baked or bbq'd any kind of meat any dish you would normally bake. My mouth is watering for a baked potato...mmmm butter and sour cream...

Of course he's hot on another project already and tried to kill himself today hauling huge rocks. The construction workers for the road left tons of these stones in front of our fence and down the sides of the road. It's this kinda white and orange rock, in bug chunks, like maybe they dig it out of the side of a mountain or something. But Poppi wants to use it for lots of things in the backyard. A path for water to drain. A curved walking path from the first set of stairs that go down from the patio to the second set. From the patio you can't see the second set of stairs. It's 3 levels including the patio. Once you go down from the patio, it's maybe 20-25 feet across, then more steps and another 20-25 feet. Then you get to the gate in the fence; step thru that and you are on the beach! He has a lot of ideas, good ideas about things to do in the yard, and it's kinda wide open for ideas, nothing is back there. Oh except now we have a beautiful pizza oven on the second level. There was no place to put it up on the patio, but that's ok.There's 5 steps I think- I guess I should count them and 5 on the second set, too.

So interesting about the road paving project- I haven't seen the workers in a week. Since before I went to Houston. But what I hear is- this is Mexico. It will get done, at some point. Maybe. Well the road is better than it was by far, except maybe where it goes over the arroyo. I guess it's the same, but wider everywhere else- so that you could have a car going each way at the same time, but not over the arroyo. I don't know why they don't put the second pipe down there. There's the original pipe, and not long after we moved in they had widened the road but not put the pipe and little by little the dirt fell away. So the widened it again...duh?....no second pipe and now it's a single lane again. I saw pipes down the road months ago, not sure about the logix there, but I'm not a contractor so...

I also heard they'll be back on Oct 3 (Wednesday) to get back to work. Don't know the significance there either. Maybe they completed all their Sept hours? But around 6pm today I was reading in the hammock and I saw a tractor go by with one guy driving and 2-3 guys standing in the big scoop on the front. Then they came back by so seemed like maybe a beer run. Now it's around 9:30 pm and we can hear some partying going on so maybe they're back.

Well maybe writing about my anxiety attack was a good thing cause in the last 2 days I've only had 2 little ones. And one I just took deep breaths and the other I talked to Sam since he was right next to me and he didn't notice anything. But the one I had the other day before I wrote, Everardo told me later I looked terrified. hmmm when I used to get them nobody but me would know cause I looked the Sam, but maybe now cause I'm trying to face them- crap I'm just talking shit. I really need to break out those meditation cds and actually listen to them I found them the other day- ok goal- tomorrow.

Today we went in the ocean! Yipee. At first it was just me and Sam cause Everardo was lugging all those rocks, We kinda just waded- the ocean is still pretty fierce, Gume says maybe in a wek or two we'll start to see the change. Then we went down and sat with Chela & Gume and talked, and I did pretty good in Spanish. But it's still the same, I knew the topic, and they were patient ha ha. Later we saw Poppi walking up the beach and I told Sam and he ran to Poppa and jumped in. I thought that looked pretty good so I went down there to and we played in the waves for awhile, close to shore for me of course. Probly not for an hour; then we walked back up to Chela's...chatted awhile... then I went for a swim in the pool- so refreshing. Then Everardo showed up, with Tigre close behind. That crazy little guy showed us jumps and turns ha ha. Then we were invited to eat with them when Eriika and Polo came hime from school and it was great! Some kind of squash that looked like pineapple befire it was cooked, with tomatoes and onions, sprinkled cheese, some kind of sauce, and mine and Tigre's without chili ha ha. It was so good I told Poppi I hope he can make it for us! What a perfect day eh? I came back, had a nice shower, a little reading & napping in the hammock...nice.

And the very coolest thing- I can do that every day!




No comments:

Post a Comment