Monday, November 5, 2012

Ah! Monday morning after a long weekend. Sam is gonna be ok. Everardo slept on the couch with him Friday nite and Saturday nite. He actually seemed a little better Friday afternoon, but then coughed during the nite. On Saturday morning I was so worried about him. He didn't eat much all weekend, but it turns out he may just not like his new food...cause he's happy to accept scraps from dinner ha ha. He was so tired, and he seemed, well, sad. My baby boy. We walked on the beach Saturday afternoon and he actually went in a little bit, wading in front of the rocks. After his 2 shots on Saturday morning at first he was just sleepy, but then he pepped up. Like I said he wanted to go to the beach. He didn't really play in the arroyo, his favorite place, kinda just stood there. But he didn't cough. He only coughed a few times that day, when he barked at a passerby, and on Friday when the donkeys came down the driveway, he barked his head off and chased them away. But after that he barked alot. (maybe it was Thurs, the last few days sorta run together in my head). Saturday nite he only coughed a couple of times. Yesterday, Sunday he wheezed a couple of times when he went for a walk with Everardo. Later in the afternoon I took him to the beach; he was way more peppy! He ran to the water, he took a little swim in front of the rocks, he chased a stick. He's gonna be ok. I don't think he coughed at all. Last nite Poppi slept in bed, Sam right outside the room where it's cooler- ha ha our room is the hottest room in the house, kinda sucks.

So it's a huge relief. He still has 2 shots today and 1 tomorrow. But he's his old doggy self!!

We did do some other stuff this weekend; I was just so worried about Sam I didn't want to write about it. Everardo went out with Gume and Romeo and another guy to get lobsters, and he found out it was harder than he thought. He has to dive too deep, it bothered his ears. Romeo told him, oh you just have to keep practicing, going down a little further each time. I'm not too crazy about that- I don't want him to get permanent ear damage.Anyway on Saturday he was out in the water for 4 hours straight, and came home exhausted! He had a couple of huge lobsters with him, but he said he didn't catch them, that Romeo did. We still had to go to Marquelia to drop off the laundry, get some groceries, and see the Comassario for the paperwork we're trying to straighten out, but driving to Marquelia was a mistake. Poor Poppi was sooooo tired. We decided to let everything go, including having lobster for dinner. I made egg salad sandwiches and he was asleep on his feet. Oh but we had stopped by Gume's and so I got to take some pictures of all the lobsters to put on my facebook page.

Yesterday he was feeling much better. We needed to make a contribution to the town for the upcoming fair, so we went (again) to Marquelia. On the way I saw a tarantula crossing the road- that's how big it was!
 I thought- why did the tarantula cross the road? Cause he thought he could take the pig!! ha ha to me that's fuuny cause I saw a beautiful black pig crossing the road the other day and I swear it waited for the traffic to clear. When I was here a couple of years ago, I saw a tarantula fighting a chicken. I was sitting in the back seat of a taxi, waiting for something (I forget what), and I looked down and saw them fighting. It was freaky weird! In the end the chicken won! I always thought it would make a good monster movie...anyway the chicken won, so the tarantula knows he can't beat the chickens beak...but a pig???
ooops breakfast!



No comments:

Post a Comment