Monday, November 5, 2012

So there's more about the weekend, I just had to stop for my favorite breakfast, eggs over easy with potatoes and tortillas...mmm, mmm, mmm. While we were eating breakfast we spotted a pretty large fishing boat way out there. We used the telescope to look, it was big, I'm sure throwing out huge nets to...hey to catch out fish! Go away boat! We always eat outside; we have a long cement with tile top picnic table and benches. I think I wrote about it before; I think 8 adults could fit on a side at least. Anyway it's right outside the kitchen door, and just a few feet from the door to the rest of the house.

We keep the telescope on top of the fridge, which is right inside the kitchen door, you can reach from outside if you wanted to. I use it when there's a dolphin sighting. Sadly (for my ego of course) I haven't been the first one to spot the dolphins yet...This telescope was my dad's, and every time I use it I think of him. Not sure how I ended up with it, but I'm glad I have it. I do want to invest in a good pair of binoculars though, as well as a camera that has a better lens for far away shots. Actually we probly just need a new camera period, after Morelia when we went thru about 8 batteries (2 at a time), I think that's a clue. I've only replaced them once since we've been back cause I don't use the flash much, but use the flash once, and the camera starts shutting down. I will always keep the telescope close by though...

Anyway, on the way back from Marquelia yesterday, after seeing the tarantula, we passed a big tree, like an oak tree with the huge thick limbs, but not too many leaves, not much foliage. So I could clearly see about 20 or maybe 30 vultures! So creepy. A vulture convention. On Saturday when I had Sam down at the arroyo, 2 vultures showed up and perched near by. I called them bad names (like rotten bastards..) and told them to get lost. They left but only a little ways and when we were coming up our steps from the beach thye were a little ways off. I tried to throw a piece of cement at them- ha ha I succeeded only in throwing it straight up- but they left. I tried to put them out of my mind, cause the truth wa,s a tiny piece of me, in a tiny place in my mind was scared that Sam was really really sick and that the vultures could smell death.....So I hated those vultures. But by yesterday, Sunday, I knew Sam was much much better and I knew he was gonna be ok. But seeing the vultures unnerved me anyway, they were on the road that brings us down to Playa Ventura, the 7 mile road.  A few miles later I said to Everardo, maybe there's a cow dying somewhere nearby. (there's alot of cows grazing around there, as well as horses, goats and pigs and sometimes you see a dog along the side of the road that's been hit) Anyway he looked at me and said- you're still thinking about those birds?? I thought it was so many it must be for something big. And if it had been a few days earlier, on Halloween- ha ha I probly woulda freaked out!

So besides that, we had a beautiful day. I read in the hammock while Poppi napped, then I took Sam to the beach while he made us a feast (and I mean FEAST!!) of lobster. Neither of us even wanted the rice he made to go with it or anything else. Just huge bites of lobster. I melted butter and put a little salt in for mine, he just ate his plain. I think that was the best meal I've ever had in my entire life!!

Later we went over and chatted with Rosa and Gencho; they had a lot of customers and their pool was filled with screaming kids on one side and lounging adults on the over. The pool was a great idea. When we drove by Chela's earlier their pool was filled with kids, too.

Came home, lounged around ourselves on the couch and watched a silly movie and went to bed relatively early for us, 10:30 I think. The nites are actually a little bit cooler now. I like it cause then I get up a little earlier.

So fall/winter is here. But it acts like spring! Such pretty flowers all along the road, all the roads, blue purple yellow orange. The air is the tinest bit cooler, and the oceanhas moved way out. High tide is like low tide has been since we moved here, and low tide is way out there. At low tide there's no pools in front of the rocks at all. The water is really shallow in front of Chelas. It all just started last week, like the ocean knew November was here. Calm seas, lobster, oysters, cooler nites, yippee it's a beautiful life!




No comments:

Post a Comment