Monday, November 26, 2012

I have to even the score a little bit regarding something I said last post.  About the electric company and people paying and not paying. I wrote that people don't pay so no wonder they don't come and fix it and no wonder the service is so crappy; always going out and every day the light surges bright or gets really dim (ha ha de-surge?). Anyway I found out this place is kind of a catch 22. The power company, SFE regularly over charges is customers. So basically shame on both sides. And which came first? (yeah yeah chicken & egg). Did they overcharge and people said - I'm not paying this!- or did they not pay so CFE tries to recoup?...hmmm that one sounds a little far fetched. The gov't steps in and pays everyone's bills every so often I guess because they know people have no jobs, how are they going to pay and they need electricity..so I don't know, and I think advantage is taken on both sides. I know of people here who simply do not pay and they could afford it. I know of other people here that my heart breaks for...and it's hard when these really destitute families have a bunch of kids (and isn't that the way also- and that's a world wide problem and hits on everything, like no education including education for birth control, no jobs or anything to do with themselves on a daily basis- well I don't know the answers to anything so...) And they really can't pay, but desperately need the service.

Anyway one day during the summer we were trying to go to Ometepec and we came to a place where the road was blocked off in this little town and the people were having a demonstration beacuse CFE was charging everyone too much. We had only been here a short while and I found it interesting...but didn't think much about it again until now. On Sunday night there was a big meeting with CFE and the people of the town, (yeah funny- on Sunday). Unfortunately we missed it and I haven't heard anything about what transpired, but I know the subject was that CFE is over charging, and from their side, no one is paying their bills. Yes the Gov just paid everybody's but I guess this is going forward. And also I am not clear on exactly when this happened, the gov paying the bills, cause I have also been hearing about huge amounts that people owe. I guess for me now this is just interesting since we are leaving, possibly a week from today.

And one choice we are making for sure is bigger town. Small town drama is true! Ha ha so many pieces of gossip, everybody knows what everybody else is doing, and if you don't, make up something goooood...ha ha. And some small towns strive to be autonomous, right down to land deeds and little laws....However they all come together when something happens- like a unexpected death- people show up for those in grief, and they all come out for the fiestas, too! So if it's something you're used to, it's pretty cool. Otherwise it's hard...friend of my enemy is my enemy...oh unless it's my friend, oh or unless it's my cousin...and almost everybody here is related to one of two families, and some people are related to both ha ha. There are some really beautiful people here; at least one I hope to stay friends with all my life no matter where I live.

So Saturday nite we went swimming as the sun set again, and last nite we walked on the beach but then went up to chat with Chela, and it was really really dark as we walked back to only my toes went in, tho' Sam went in going and coming so he was a happy dog. It's nice and windy this afternoon, so maybe it will be cooler tonite...I don't think I've ever said God bless the wind as many times as since I've been here. I am always drenched in sweat so any breeze helps, even if just for a second. Oh yeah something I have thought of every time I go to the bathroom, but never at any other time, but saying drenched in sweat reminded me ha ha- my skin is always at the very least, damp, and usually just plain wet. We also have the cheapest toilet seats ever made, I mean I'm not sure how the thin plastic held it's shape long enough to get packaged and put on the shelf for sale. This is in our bathroom and the one next to the kitchen. The upstairs seat is actually a little better...anyway...everytime I use the bathroom when I stand back up, even if it's just for a second, the extrememly thin plastic seat sticks to my sweaty butt. Then it drops back and makes that noise you hear when men use the bathroom and they put the seat back down like they should. So I laugh to myself everytime I pee cause it sounds like a guy went and is putting the seat down. Hey if I was in some dance club somewhere maybe the person washing their hands would think I was a transvestite!!...ok or at least a cross dresser...yes folk this is where my sicky mind takes me. I'd like to say it's just cause i'm so so so so bored here...but no- I would have thought that anytime anywhere...

Ah well, 4pm and if I go lay in the hammock now I don't have to see the mess which is my living room and feel compelled to pack or at least organize....cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment