Thursday, November 29, 2012

I SAW THEM!! Finally I saw the dolphins myself. Yeah I saw some before this but always when someone else pointed them out off in the distance. Every day for 6 months I would wish I would see them while sitting on my rock in the morning.Well this morning I went out a little early, about 6:30. Since today is our last day here I wanted to get all I could out of it, and sitting in my "talk to the universe spot" a little longer than usual was definitely on the menu.

So I was sitting out there and I saw so many birds! Oh and I watched the sun come up, in fact I took pictures of it, from a tiny sliver until all of it came up past the edge of the world...it was as amazing as the sunsets I watch here at nite! And the moon is so full and so big right now. It was off on the other side, high in the sky. Anyway all of  sudden I saw them! 3 dolphins swimming past, and much closer to the shore than any other time I've seen them. I was so excited, so overwhelmed with how cool they were...I actually cried.....just a little. But I was kinda telling the universe, thank you. It's my last day and I got this gift. Kinda like a sign; saying yep it's ok, go for it sister! And of course being the addictive always wanting "more", I then starting straining to look and try to see more ha ha. But no, and then I realized what I was doing and had a good laugh at myself. I sat and sat, chatted up the universe, really looked around at this beautiful spot I've been lucky enough to be living in for the last 6 months, and said goodbye.

We had our last breakfast, I scrambled eggs and added the last of the manchuga cheese, and cut up an apple and the last of the cantaloupe on the side. Then Everardo starting packing and cleaning like a madman! We were 99% done before noon. He worked hard, I felt like I was barley doing anything, but I was folding and making little things fit together in the last few bins and available bags. The last of the kitchen stuff, the last of the clothes, blankets from on the spare bed we used like a couh, our bed pillows, the towells from the shower by the kitchen, my wind chimes, etc etc etc...

Around noon we went to Marquelia to hit the atm and the gas station. The atm is Copala is in the city building and there's always cops and others standing around while you get you money, and well the truth is that here, altho' we've had no problems with them, the cops are not always who you want to deal with....in fact they are the only ones I'm worried about for this trip. We always see them with big trucks pulled over getting money, we're locals so we've been ok, plus we don't drive hardly at all at nite. And we won't on this trip either. Poppi likes this gas station better than the one in Copala. You have to pay attention to everything that has to do with your money here. (yes everywhere, but it's kinda different in Mexico). Then we went to Copala to get the final receipt for out property tax, and I got a pedicure. Yum it felt nice and looks nice. Yesterday I got my nails done while he paid the taxes and looked for the Telmex bill (didn't come of course ha ha). I haven't been doing my nails since right after we got here cause it seemed silly. I am either in sand or dirt, and they got messed up so quick...plus scratching all the time from bug bites and with acrylics sometimes I scratched myself raw. I will be SO happy to not have tons of bites ALL the time. Maybe use actual lotion, maybe not curse myself when I forget to slather it on...anyway I got purple on nails and toes, and am happy, I like how they look. Never started doing it until I was 40; it's funny, my older daughter started putting stuff on her nails to be pretty at home at about age 4 ha ha. She was putting outfits together about age 6, my older sister Karen used to crack up about that.

Late this afternoon right before dark we walked down the beach to Chela's. We gave her all the meat from our freezer (a couple of whole chickens, some steaks, and pork). She was happy cause all that stuff is expensive for them, chickens are only cheap if you grow your own ha ha. They eat fish all the time. We eat tons of fish, too, but have chicken once every couple of weeks and pork or beef maybe once a week. Well I forgot that the "no seeums" are really bad at her place at dusk and oh my god my ankles were swollen with tiny bites. She and I sat and talked awhile while Everardo met with Caretaker Guy; the guy who's gonna watch the house for us. Today I found out he goes by Jay for short, his name is Jayijn & I was struggling with it, and every time I'd ask Everardo he'd say I don't know because he's terrible with names. So he was giving Jay the keys and they traded emails and then Jay "friended" both of us on Facebook, we got his phone and once we get up to PP and get new chips for our phones we'll give him ours. Yipee my IPhone is unlocked but my phone number is local to here, so I'll need a new chip. Anyway Chela and I were chatting and slapping our legs from those little suckers, we even moved out from under the awing but it didn't help. BUt she and I wanted to talk; she's my best friend here and I have come to love this woman. We both got a little teary eyed, and then her son came out and she had him translate a couple of things she wanted to be sure I heard...but I did understand when she told me in Spanish so I believe she and I will remain great friends. She promised to visit us and I promised too.

On the way back from Copala we stopped in a tiny restaurant along the main road and had a nice lunch, very inexpensive. The little hole in the wall places are usually great food and great prices. We were both stuffed for about 62 pesos...
We came home and he worked until we went to see Chela, then we came home for a sandwhich and a little computer time. Then he went out and finished. The trailer is full. The back of the truck is full except where Sam will be, and Poppi put a board across the rack to give Sam shade. That rack has been off the truck for months and Everardo had to sand it to get the rust off of it, paint it and put it back on. All the yard work that had been done in the last few months grew to a huge pile of dead weeds, plants, palm fronds, ect and so we also had a big bonfire just outside the backgate on the beach. It's how everyone does it here. And, this is the time of year since everything is drying out quickly. I made a bunch of sandwhiches for the road, mostly pb&j, and Poppi got some bananas and apples while I was getting my toes painted. We have lots of water for us and for Sam, and I think we're ready. Poppi just took as shower and is napping on the couch. I should do the same. I'll try to keep track of the trip and record it here when I can. I think we'll be going starting in Guerrero, thru Michoacan, Jalisco, Sinaloa and Sonora. Ok new adventure...here we come!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I sent you an email saying I was up to date on your blog, then found you'd done one mo'. That is beautiful about the dolphins. When Barry and I sailed the Atlantic, sometimes whole schools would come and accompany us, and sometimes I could go up on the bow and one of them would roll over and look me in the eye . . . so I know the feeling, there is something really special about them. I also cracked up again about Drew and her early fashion sense. I can completely remember going into the Emporium in Terra Linda, you and me in our usual tomboy jeans and sweatshirts and Drew's all of about 4 going up to the racks and putting her finger on her cheek saying, "Well, I wouldn't put this with that skirt." And the she runs to another rack and comes back with something else. "THIS would look good." We're looking at each other in amazement, mouthing, "Where did this child come from?" xxxooo have a fun, safe, memorable trip, and hope to hear soon of your new adventures, xxxoooo again, love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to your updates on your trip! I hope you find a much better life up north!

    ReplyDelete