Tuesday, November 13, 2012

This morning no internet and this afternoon no electricity. Hopefully the internet will stay up thru this short post so it doesn't end up scrambled like the one from yesterday- which I tried to fix, but...I just write straight thru so if stuff is missing...I might not figure it out ha ha. And yesterday I didn't copy and pasted, I wrote the whole thing at once, but I did notice that the internet went out, but came back...squirrely.
The internet was down this morning, and after sitting out on my rock and having a yummy breakfast- Everardo made me potatoes and onions and eggs since he was eating the mole from the neighbors that was just too spicy for me! Picoso! My most unfavorite world. Anyway I decided to start a new book, they're running low after making a short grocery list. Did I say I love my hammock? Anyway Everardo decided to try to fix the internet. He walked down the road and saw a place where the power lines were down, or broken or something. He came back and got the ladder we just borrowed from Guerro to paint the second story, and climbed up. Oh- the road construction crew said the workers building the house next door did it, and those guys just shrugged and looked at the huge truck that was dumping dirt...or sand. Anyway he saw where 2 wires had been streched or pulled apart and the twisted pairs were showing, but not too twisted...so he twisted them...got a big shock, didn't tell me about it- this afternoon when chatting with Gume I was kinda following what he was saying and when he did the body quivering cause you are being electrocuted thing- I knew what happened. So he came back to the house and announced he fixed the internet! And he did!

Later when I realized he got shocked on the pole I asked why he didn't tell me; he said he didn't want me to worry. I said, I'm not worried- just stay off the poles!!! Then later we went to Marquelia since we needed more of this white powder paint that's very cheap to paint the bottom of some cement walls around the house, and picked up the groceries (milk cheese bread coffee), and ice cream. We came home, I put the stuff away and he went back to work on the second story and the kid working for us used the white stuff. And....then the electricity went off, and that automatically negates the internet. Crap, again, crap! CFE won't come unless it's the whole town, and it might have been, cause about 3 hours later it came back, ok maybe 4 hours. (that's why we pay Romeo every 2 or 3 weeks to fix our electricity...and so do other neighbors....)
Actually once it went off, we decided to return the ladder to Guero (down by the lagoon) and then we stopped by Chela's; she was about to take Tigre into the ocean with Polo, so I said hey me too! and we went and floated around in front of the rocks. Everado went back home and got Sam who ran down the beach to join us. Everardo sat in the shade with Gume...that's where the story of the electric shock was told.....and after about an hour in the sea we switched to the pool. Polo and I jumped in the waves right before we hit the pool and that was fun!
The electricity came back while we were in the pool; the filter suddenly went on...I stayed in the pool awhile longer. Then we walked home and got the truck and went back by the lagoon to the Itailan pizza place. This Italian guy moved here about 3 years ago and built a little pizza place. This was our first time there and OMG it was worth the wait. Me thinks we should pick up a pizza there once a week until we leave....

So just another day in paradise. I forgot to say that I mentioned to Chela and Marina that last time I bought ice cream in Marquelia, the electricity went off. Polo said maybe...and I said  No way! I am not giving up ice cream!! A wonderful breakfast, a great dinner (ouch no lunch) but a bowl of ice cream in a minute...good eating day even if the internet and lights went off....ha ha the land of don't have any expectations!...ok the ice cream is probly not too soft anymore.....

No comments:

Post a Comment