Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What a beautiful day!! Internet and electricity all day. Time for reading in the hammock and a nap. Had a wonderful hour long phone call with my dear bff Veronica and just feeling good about the world. On our way back from an errand we saw a soccer game going on around the corner towards the lagoon, lots of people watching. Lupita, who was one of the best students this summer asked if I was gonna have anymore classes for English. I told her what I told Oscar, come to my house after school and we can have a class. Right then Everardo walked up and she asked him about the other kids- but I understood so I said, they don't want to learn, it's ok. You want to learn, come over. So again, we'll see. Oscar didn't show up, but Lupita might want it more. I wouldn't mind a bit if she comes....
Then we stopped by Chela's; she was next door, and while Poppi and Gume chatted (with Tigre fast asleep on Gume's stomach- they were in a big hammock), I spotted polo in the waves. I said- be right back, and ran down there, and jumped in the ocean in my clothes for the second day in a row. he and I had a ball jumping into the waves. The sea was nice, rolling waves and we were laughing and ducking into them as they hit.

Came home and Everardo had 6 lobsters! Oh and a fish. He didn't actually catch them himself. He went with Gume and Romeo, he caught the fish, but he can't dive down far enough to get the lobsters. Yet, he says, yet. I don't want him to f**k up his ears. Anyway he cooked ALL of the lobsters, oh and the fish. I took pictures of him cooking it, yes and the fish too, I took pictures of it on the table, then him about to eat (the fish), and then he took a pic of me about to dig into the lobsters. OMG I was stuffing huge mouthfuls of lobster in my mouth! They were so big that the meat was in hunks! I thought I died and went to heaven. Sooo good. Oh and I like to dip mine in melted butter with alittle salt in it. I ate until was completely stuffed. Everardo was laughing and said he loves watching me eat something when I love love love it. ha ha I was chewing with my eyes closed. He polished off his fish and joined me for lobster. He was much more patient, breaking open claws and legs...
It was perfect; the sun was setting, there was a breeze so it wasn't excruciatingly hot, Sam was laying nearby hoping for a handout at some point, and Poppi and me were enjoying ourselves and each other. It was just...nice. And to top it off, in a couple of more hours, maybe 3, we'll have ice cream, vanilla and chocolate...I like vanilla last so I put in in the bowls first. I love lots of flavors, but I always like to have vanilla at the end.

I also plan to talk to at least one of my daughters tonite, the older one, I'm waiting for her to get off work since we're 2 hours ahead. I'll try Halla too, but she's harder to catch up with. Hmm maybe I'll try her right now, it's only 5:30 in Calif. Yeah, nice day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment