Saturday, February 2, 2013

I just looked at my stats for my blog and saw that someone viewed my page form Jordan! Very cool cause it's one of my favorite countries. Maybe it's even someone in my family. Yeah yeah he's my ex-husband, but my daughters are part Palestinian and all of their cousins and aunts and uncles, well I didn't divorce all of them! Viva Palestine! My favorite thing in Jordan was seeing these things called wazirs...yeah I'm sure I spelled it wrong- sounds like wha-zeer. Anyway it's a small stone thing with fresh water in it, in the very very olden days when travelers were passing thru, walking of course, they could stop for a cool drink of water. Just because. No cost, no obligation, just some water for a thirsty person walking by. Very cool. Of course there was lots of other cool stuff, like the Dead Sea, and these ruins which I have forgotten the name of, no I think maybe Jareesh- they were right in or very near Amman, we toured that area with a kid, I think his name was Aher, and he had followed the tour guides around and learned the spiel, so he could do it himself. he was very good, a really smart kid, and at the end some officials chased him away, but nicely, and we were still able to pay him. He wanted to address all his comments to the American woman ha ha- he called me Madam. I also really enjoyed another place - Petra (where that scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark was filmed). This is a city built into the rock, so fantastic, we rode thru on camels, except for Drewy, who was scared to climb on a camel and rode a donkey ha ha. Jordan is an amazing country full of beautiful people. Ok bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment