Tuesday, January 29, 2013

So the roof is fixed AND we bought the paint. And it rained again, hard, but no leaks. The entire roof has not yet been covered, but Everardo has one bucket of stuff left and will try to get it done tomorrow before any more surprise rain. Cause after this weekend, everyone breathed a sigh of relief that the "freak rain" had passed, and then Sunday nite and yesterday (Monday), it rained.

Ha ha after I added up the expenses plus paying the landlord's water and electric bill, our rent for Fev will be about $24. And that's not counting the paint. I went by myself to get the paint and Poppi wants to choose the rollers & brushes, so it's not all accounted for yet- and I'll just deduct it from March rent. Anyway I'm so excited about the paint. Reds, a melon shade of orange, purple, and green. The green, purple and melon are for the kitchen, purple, red and melon for the living room and the hallway that connects both rooms. We are not painting any other rooms- the dining room or the bedrooms....weeelllll..I bought a gallon of each. Except for the melon, it should be more than enough of the other three...so maybe one wall in the dining room or one wall in our bedroom, vamos a ver. Both bedroom are green, so I wouldn't use the green cause mine is a bright strong color, and our rooms are a light, almost antique green, so only the red or purple would work. Not sure when we will paint, but it will be soon...did I say YIPEE??

We are getting neighbors on Friday from Feb 1 to May 1. I knew we were getting a woman, but I think she is coming with another woman or a friend or someone who is only staying for a little while- but that was according to the landlord who I have already alluded to as a little nutty. I received an email from Tina- the new temporary neighbor, and she said "we brought almost our whole house" so it sounds like family....The thing is we share a yard, the little bungalow is about 25 feet away from us so we will probly interact at least some. We have a fenced and gated yard, a washing machine and a clothes line. Well there's a dryer too, but we don't use it, ha ha don't want to pay for the electricity. We get billed every 2 months, and we just got the bill. It was 326 pesos, so about $26.50 for 2 months, yeah we can deal with that. Of course our heater is gas, and our hot water is gas, and I know at least for the heater we've spent 125 pesos per tank, maybe 4 times in Dec and 4 in Jan (ok 1000 pesos or $81), then the hot water heater lasts 2 months for $13....ok gas for 2 months: $94 + $26.50=  $120.50 so $60.25 for gas and electric for 2 months- 2 VERY cold months ha ha. Hopefully by the end of Feb we will drop off the heater. We only use it at nite, but from about 7pm until 7am..ok 12 hours.

Anyway- we will be sharing the outside space, not a big deal- we will just have to be diligent about dog poop duty ha ha. And that's not too hard. As for the outside, I like to sit in a lunge chair and read...altho as soon as it gets warm enough I will begn to campaign for my hammock to be put up. Not as easy as I thought at first, since the trees are not string enough, Poppi will have to put a bolt in the back wall that goes across the yard and the wall of the house. Poor Poppi has a "to do" list that is growing...and I wonder how many cars, if any they will have. I'm kinda asuming at least one, that they're driving down since they are coming from San Diego. Like I said, we'll see. Maybe I'll have first impressions as early as Friday ha ha.

Although Friday I'm going out to the community center to help with inventory of the things the women make to sell at the art fairs.Today was my first Tuesday out there and it went well. Organized chaos I think; before lunch I got a few boys who were competing to do the colors, and after lunch I had a woman who really wants to learn. I worked with her for about an hour,and later this afternoon I was in this stationary stye store and I bought her an English Spanish dictionary. I will have to sneak it to her cause I don't plan on buying one for everyone, but she is so motivated, and I want to help her to help herself. We have some kid dictionaries that I donated to the center for the kids to use. Well I can feel the ice cream calling me from the freezer, so gotta go.



No comments:

Post a Comment