Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I was talking to my daughter last nite on fb chat and said I thought my posts here probly aren't as interesting as when we lived down south in that remote...ok insane area. I mean I haven't seen a tarantula walking across the street, or even fighting a chicken, and I haven't seen any pigs walking around, or even tied up in anybody's front yard. I do hear roosters crowing, and I can hear birds, and I hear chruch bells; all things I like, but not weird like before ha ha. But I guess I just write about what I see, experience and ultimately feel, so oh well- it si what it is....

I had both Spanish class and English class today. My Spanish teacher is a little bit flaky; last week we had no class cause on Tuesday she was in Arizona, but never called or emailed me to let me know, then on Thursday they had a concession on the beach for the Spring Break crowd....That's all fine but I'm sure they knew all this before....so anyway we decided to have class this week 10am-noon, but she wasn't here at 10am...she had emailed me about 9:20 to let me know she'd be here at 10:30. Too bad for me I was not on my laptop so didn't get the email until 10, when I checked it since she hadn't arrived. aarrgghh. She's a very nice lady, but crap- I am paying her 200 pesos an hour- which doesn't sound like much (about $8), but here- that's pretty expensive. So she stayed for 2 hours which was 12:30, so as soon as she left I had to get dressed quick (I was in sweats and a teeshirt when she came), and make a pb&j sandwich and get out to the community center. Well hurry hurry Terry- always a mistake. I walked out the door, locked and shut it, and realized my keys were still on the hook in the kitchen next to the door...

I called Everardo and he came home and opened the door for me. Ok on the list for this week- make another copy of the house key and hide it outside. It was my good luck that Poppi was near his truck and not an hour's walk away! So he got here in about 10 minutes and I was back in business. I called out to the center to tell Karen I was on my way...and they were a little behind with lunch so it was all good. Class was full...I don't think any more students can fit in that room. I had a couple of new women today, and there's a couple of young girls who haven't been back- they didn't come last week or today- they probly don't like the class with a bunch of "old" people. Notice the quote marks around the word old....I don't think we're old...but to a 15 year old...maybe we seem like it. I think I had 15 again today, including the new ones. I think tomorrow I'm gonna buy some paper plates and plastic silverware (ha ha plastic silver), and maybe strawberries and grapes...I can take a banana and an apple from here....I think I wrote about this when I did it with the kids- that one was just about the fruit, this one is more about the utensils. Just want to keep it fun...cause practicing the vowels is boring for them I'm sure, especially since they don't know what the words mean...man when are we getting those dictionaries??? But they gotta practice. Also maybe over the weekend I can think up some simple conversations to have with each other...put them on little cards- no, if I do it on regular paper and maybe have 3 different ones on one side and print them out, ....oh man today I was trying to explain about all these verbs that conjugate the same way, and yet somehow it seemed difficult...I think I had too many verbs on one page...

After exercising, a Spanish lesson and then teaching English, I came home and took Sam to the park for an hour...I was exhausted. I came in, plopped down on the couch with an ice cream bar...and within 2 minutes Everardo walked in. He said BUSTED! I said yep! I know I know he walked all day, trying to hawk stuff to tourists...not all drunks this week, the students went home. But mommy is tried too. Now I'm happy that I have nothing to do on Wednesdays ha ha!! Gotta prepare for Thurs and do Spanish homework and study. I am still struggling with those damn reflexives! Ah well...maybe a little online studying after writing this. Oh yeah I promised to send Karen the link to the Spanish classes which have helped alot. And she is talking to a a guy who teaches Spanish in some local private school that tutored her husband. He may take on Karen, her husband, and Kelly, the 18 yr old girl (missionary) who also works out at the center. She's waiting to hear back- and this guy charges about half (well she thinks it's about half). If that works out I'll probably change. I definitely want to stay in a class, and if I have to stick with Isabel and her wacky class at $200 pesos a shot, then I will. See that's one thing I like about her classes- they're for 2 hours. Karen wants 1 hour and I don't think that's enough- but she did say she asked for an hour and a half twice a week, so I think that would be ok. Ah vamos a ver (we'll see) Anyway it's 8:30 at nite and we are both sleepy on the couch ha ha. And we even split a cup of coffee after dinner! Poor baby, he has to work tomorrow, and I get to kick back to study. I say poor baby- but he really likes what he's doing. He loves talking to everybody and movin' around....
ok enough for tonite...yawn yawn...





No comments:

Post a Comment