Saturday, March 16, 2013

OK- last nite I had the BEST cheeseburger and fries! We found this tiny place here on our side of town called Star Burger, and they have the best cheeseburgers I think I have ever eaten. Maybe it's the fact that it's one of the things I miss. And I don't want one all the time; we've been here since Dec 1, and we've only been there twice. So maybe once a month or six weeks? I had a cheeseburger back in Sept when I went to Houston for the weekend to see my brother...but it was just ok. This one was memory filled- when we were kids every Saturday nite my dad bbq'd burgers for dinner. I don't remember anything else ever being bbq'd out there, and it was always on Saturday, and it was always at 6pm, so you could eat and then go out- yeah as a teenager I was all about goin' out on Saturday nite. We mostly eat Mexican food, tortillas with every meal, and lot of rice and beans with whatever meat or fish we're having. However I have decided with eggs (unless scrambled) I wan toast, cause tortillas don't soak up egg yolk very good. Oh and heating up flour totillas is so F***ing hard that if I'm making dinner, Everardo comes to burn his fingers instead of mine with them. The flour tortillas are really good; we get them from this little store up the street- that's all they make from 6am to 8pm, and they are so thin you can almost see thru them. Poor Sam the tortilla dog gets none cause Poppi believes the flour tortillas will give him worms...I really should google it, but you know what- he thinks so, so what the heck- no flour tortillas for Sam. We always have corn tortillas as well, so after dinner Everardo makes Sam a corn tortilla- could our dog be more spoiled? We buy the corn tortillas from a different hole in the wall that only makes corn tortillas. But they also have place in one of the grocery stores we go to that makes them all day, and we sometimes remember to pick them up there- but that's only for corn.

Ha ha I was talking about cheeseburgers and ended with tortillas. So dinner last nite tasted like home, oh and the french fries were pretty darn good as well. This morning I got up and went to the 9:30 am AA meeting that's held down on the malecon, on top of a business called the Candy Cake...yep cakes and cookies...ouch. But you can see the ocean so it's a pretty view and a nice place for a meeting. The rest of the days the English meetings are always at the same place, another area. But ha ha as we're sitting there, and we were only 3- I usually don't go to this meeting either; first it has been cold, and then...well it's early (9:30). But with Poppi feeling so motivated he's hopping out of bed before 8am so I'm getting up, too. So this is Spring Break, right? H aha across the street from us, also on top of a building, are all these college kids, already drinking! One of the guys with us saw these girls ordering some big drink and then pouring them into "to go" cups and then walking down the street. I can imagine in a few hours what it will be like down there. The bars and restaurants will make some good money today, probly not so much for the vendors.

But Everardo did call me an hour ago and tell me he made a $20 sale with something he paid $2 for, so hope it's a sign of a good day! OMG this guy at the meeting told the funniest story...the short version is a long time ago, in Texas, he was engaged, and already a ig drinker, and his future mother-in-law was coming for her first visit, to meet him. He took all the booze out of his house knowing he needed to be a good boy, then realized he's want "a little access" in case he wanted a drink. So his elaborate scheme was to buy a 20 foot hose, then go to a hardware store and buy a cap so he could close it, and then fill it with straight vodka...He had an atrium in the middle of his house, and he bought these bonsai plants to put in it, and then coiled up the hose. Very creative. So future mother-in-law shows up, and has this cute little chocolate poodle with her. Next morning my friend has a 7am tee time and goes off to golf. When he gets home, he walks in and his fiance slaps his face. He says- what's wrong!! She merely points....the poodle is flat in his back, paws in the air- dead! Well mother-in-law had gotten up, let doggy into the atrium area to pee, then poured him a rather large bowl of water, and the little dog drank it all! So the engagement was off.... Oh my God we were laughing so hard...the drunks across the street must thought we were drinking too!!

But no, I came home and did my workout like a good girl. Half hour on the elliptical and then the ab lounger thing..still don't have that thing entirely straight on the best way to use it, but if it hurts my stomach after a few crunches- well that must be the way! Not sure if I'm going to the beach or the park with Sam after this, it's a little windy so not quite as hot as yesterday and I'm feeling lazy.....
Yesterday we went to the beach and I took the chair Everardo got me on the street; it has this part that goes over your head for shade- very cool- it's kinda broken of course, but still works...yeah everything here is "kinda" broken, but it's amazing what you don't really need isn't it? ha ha. The tide was up so the beach was perfect. It was way up to the sand, so the volcanic rock with all the dips and crevices were under water, so perfect for Sam going in after the ball. The lady out at the center gave me a couple of brand new tennis balls that were donated from some animal place so I could throw it out and it would float- it was green and purple so you could really sit it. Some little kids next to me wanted to throw the ball for him so he got lots of exercise. But he shook off the water, EVERY time next to my chair- so I was soaked, my purse was soaked, and pretty soon my clothes, too. So my new plan is to bring a towel. ha ha DUH a towel at the beach- who'd a thunk it?

Spring Break I guess goes thru tomorrow and then Semana Santa begins for another week. I guess then this town fills up with Mexican after a week full of Americans. Yesterday at the gas station I was disgusted to see (hmmm celoso Terry?- celoso is jealous) this kid was so young he had a face full f pimples, he was driving a brand new BMW, full of kids and the couple of cars behind him were a brand new looking big truck and some other car like a beamer. Rich kids having fun....oh well- oh and they drive like shit! But luckily for me I live on the other side of town and they don't come over here....
ok time to get up and do something outside......

No comments:

Post a Comment