Monday, July 22, 2013

In limbo

I still don't know anything. My doctor doesn't come in on Monday. I called and asked for a phone appt, but they said nothing available until Thursday! I was awful and yelled at the poor receptionist- but she had already asked me what was the reason I wanted the appt and I told her, that it was about a cancer check! That I had been left an email msg late Friday nite and got to worry all weekend. No- not waiting until Thurs. You know how this stuff goes. I can try calling tomorrow morning at 9am. She'll send him a msg. I kept asking for a number to call him and she kept insisting she needed my number, even tho I said I was calling from Mexico. Ok I give. I gave her my number and...silence...then- oh I don't think he can call this number. Ha ha.

However I made the appt for Aug 6. Tonite I bought an airline ticket. Instead of $275 it was $375 cause it's in so close. But once I knew it was about cancer...well my fear set in and the money lost it's important standing in my life ha ha. Actually Everardo took me to a clinic where they said they do this procesudre, and it's 500 pesos (so about $50). However they do not- they do mammograms and sonograms, and they are 500 pesos- such a good deal here. So he talked to this doctor we know and he gave him a card for an obgyn...we called but can't get in to see him until early Aug, So- that's when we decided I'll just go up there and have it done. I still need to talk to the doctor and hopefully I can do that tomorrow. I did email him, but since he's not in, he hasn't read them yet.

I'm going up for one week; I'll get there Sunday nite and the procedure is Tuesday. Then leave the following Monday. I'm only telling Drew that I'm coming. Well I also wrote to my old AA sponsor, Scott (yes I know I should have a woman sponsor but he's the best sponsor I ever had- and when I saw him when I was up there in May- well when I need a sponsor to talk to- he's it). So I wrote to him, also because he understands. His wife was diagnosed 2 months after me, but with a cancer that has required her to get stem cell transplants- from herself. Their entire lives have changed, and altho she's in pretty good shape right now, well I'm not sure about her future and she's close to my age.

When I went last time, I was tooo busy. And yet I felt like a visitor, that as soon as I walked away, I was no longer on anyone's radar. I guess that's what happens when you move away. I'm ok with it, it let me let go of stuff. As always I miss my kids, but that's almost it. And Halla and I seem to struggle to find our common ground. We were so close after her Jan visit, but it began to slip away again. I just keep saying, she's 20, she's 20...she'll grow up a little bit more and realize that family is what matters. So I confided in my Drewy. I'll stay with her, she's not working so she can go to the dr with me. The next day, the 7th is her birthday, and maybe I can keep a low profile so she can have her birthday however she planned it- It's a week day so I'm thinking probly not to big of a party, and maybe it will be the kind that moms are invited to ha ha.

Yesterday was a beautiful day. I took the dogs and a book to the park, laid on a towel in the shade and read...Sam rolled around in the grass and Lucky tried to follow Sam around. Everardo showed up after walking the beach; but I know he's worried about me, doesn't want me to be scared. Later just he and I went down to the Malecon for an ice cream, and there were tons of people, families, kids on skateboards, music. We sat on the big steps across the street from the pavilion and watched people. After dark the people come out. It was nice.

We haven't had hot water for over a month. Don't need it, the water is warm, warmer than warm. It reminds me of Playa Ventura, you don't miss hot water. Well this weekend the tv stopped having a picture, and Friday the internet sucked...wow really felt like down there ha ha. But I watched a free movie online (Killing Season with Dinero & Travolta- loved it) and after about 3 hours the tv came back. Saturday nite I made a baked chicken and veges...ooops nope- the oven stopped working. Oh and the overhead light fixture in the kitchen stopped as well....hmmmm things are falling apart. But- we don't need hot water, we know a guy to call about the stove, and for the light, well Poppi thinks he knows someone and we'll get rid of the huge thing & simply have a light with a bowl fixture. Life goes on. I teach tomorrow, and I always love that. I'm so grateful to be able to do that.

The zumba woman is consistently coming! 7pm sharp and she's there! Wow! More and more women are coming...and man she's beating the shit out of me...and I love it. So hopefully tomorrow I'll understand a little better what's going on with this doctor stuff...so stay tuned.

Oh and the fun fact...

Mexico is located in the “Ring of Fire,” one of the earth’s most violent earthquake and volcano zones.

No comments:

Post a Comment