Sunday, September 22, 2013

Too funny not to share right away!

So this may be a short post unless other thoughts occur to me, but....soooo funny!!!!!!

I think I posted yesterday about a guy on the web forum about Baja and Ensenada in particular who sent me a msg and said he's be happy to have coffee with us and talk about Ensenada. I though that was very nice, told Everardo about it, and answered the guy with thanx and told him I'd let him know when we were coming. ok. Well there's actually 2 web forums I've been reading, one is called "talk baja" and the other is called something like "baja nomad". Talk Baja is the one were I registered so I can post comments and/or questions and so is where I chatted with this dude. The other site, I hadn't registered yet so could only read what people are posting. I had tried once or twice previously and again last nite to register but it kept saying they had the maximum requests for the day so pls try in 24 hours. So a little while ago I was reading on both sites and remembered- oh yeah I should try and register in the morning- but if it gives me that msg again I'll try to contact the administrator cause maybe something's wrong.

So I tried it and got registered. I use the same user name on all three- oh crap- all four sites I'm now on, one is the Mexico Expat forum I've been following since we moved to Mexico, altho' not as much once we left Playa Ventura....I just go on about one a week to see if any new posts are interesting (and many times they are), then I'm on Rockypoint talk, which is just for Puerto Penasco, and it's kind of really boring because it's really just about activities here...for Americans..and not too much about Mexico...so dropping that one will come as soon as we leave...and then these 2 new ones as I read about all of Baja and Ensenanda in particular. Well I go to Talk Baja and read a post from a new guy just moving to Baja from the states. His user name was something about Mexico...lots of times people give themselves cute little names like Mexico traveler or Loco something maybe tortuga grande (big turtle) - know what I mean? Anyway I read thru all this discussion since I'd never read underneath this particular heading, and a guy says, welcome- and you're #2 cause this other guy goes by the name and he uses it on the baja nomad site as well.....Wait- then I re read the post- oh hey it's the guy we're going to have coffee with. So I go back over to the other site to look for posts by him to see what he chats about. Oh- and once you're registered you can view people's profiles. Filling out the profile is optional, you can add something, nothing, a little bit or a lot.

So I spot this guy's name- and man!! How could that be??? Of all the people on these sites, how did I end up making contact with this guy? I had seen his little byline under his user name before and thought- now there's a person I NEVER want to meet...and I usually ignore his posts! Well on the first site I had looked at his profile after he invited us to coffee and saw he was a retired cop from the states and he lived in a nice area we had seen when we went over there the first time- I think maybe he lives in both places, the states and Baja. We thought ok good, we'll see what this guy has to say. HA HA HA HA HA HA
By accident I find out he's on the other site under this other name...most people don't even have a little thing written under their name, but some do, usually little affirmations, you know, positive stuff...this guy has written under his name, so it shows at the bottom of every post he writes"

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm........George Orwell
Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it

I support GOD, Israel, those serving in the United States military, the Boy Scouts of America, Chic-fil-A and the Second Amendment"


So the one is a quote, ok but a little over the top...the second...wow buddy.....but the third one???? Ok I SO SO SO don't want to know you!!!

Loves Israel and guns, hates gays??? WEllllll let's see...I HATE guns, I HATE war...I support all lifestyles and my children are Palestinian...along with their dad and all of his family. So I'm thinkin' that coffee is out!
Again HA HA HAHA HA HA HA Only I could chosen that person out of all the people on the forum. Or maybe I could introduce my gay Palestinian daughter to him? You know makes ya wonder how he feels about Mexicans, right? I mean the community he lives in- it's called something Country Club, and it looks like an exclusive neighborhood, gated of course and a little outside of town. I don't think I mentioned to him that my hubby is Mexican...that would have been interesting...I bet before he was a cop he was....in the military...or maybe he couldn't get into the marines or whatever branch he was shooting for and so became a cop. Shheesh he must been once hell of a bad ass cop right? And I bet it was the marines because of his arrogance in making his little motto for himself so...I guess the right word is strong but I'm really thinking "assholy"

Anyway I just found this SO FUNNY, and I told Sam, but he just looked at me with bright eyes of anticipation wondering if I was crazy and did that mean he's get a special treat! Everardo is down at the beach so I decided to write about it. It's windy again today, and not cooler, but not hotter. I think I'll take Sam to the park after this; he can roll in the grass, and I have a new book. Tomorrow however I need to start packing. I have alot of little knicky knacks, and I don't want any more of them to get broken. Some stuff got broken on the way down to Playa Ventura, and some on the way up here...my mermaids; I still have 2 but they both have broken places, an arm of a fin...they are small and the hang from a ribbon-maybe 5 inches tall, but they are chubby mermaids wearing fancy jewels and I love them. I had to throw away the other 2, and really I need to give in and dump these 2 as well. Getting up here 2 paintings & a photo in an odd sized frame had their glass broken - so since I have time I want to pack more carefully- which of course means I need some newspaper for wrapping....who reads the paper any more?? Actually they sell the papers at the intersections; I've just never bought one- ha ha what I need it where they throw them away, right?

Oh and I almost forgot. The guy broought the trailer back last nite around 9pm, and he and Everardo and another guy stood outside and talked for about half and hour- and it turns out the guy has a cousin that owns a house in Ensenada. Ha ha I've learned very quickly not to get excited! They guy lives in central Calif, and comes only for vacation, and the house is big & nice and has 3 or 4 bedrooms. Don't know if the house is rented or not but this guy is going to find out right away. This guy is the brother of Nikko- a very close friend of Everardo for many many years. Ok sounds good, right? But in Mexico, you must take in the info much differently- for example....a big house might mean big, medium, small, cardboard, and nice might mean very nice, just ok, a pit, broken down, no bathroom (and of course no stove, hot water heater or fridge)- or maybe all those things in a nice area. 3 or 4 bedrooms might be just that, or may be rooms that only a single bed and nothing else will fit. This is yet another HUGE lesson in expectations...plan for the worst, hope for the best. Oh and he'll find out right away? Maybe he'll call today, tomorrow, next week, next month or not at all cause he forgot about it as soon as he left....see I'm learning!

Ok park time for me and doggy.

Mexico fun fact:
During an Aztec human sacrifice, five priests, sometimes with their faces painted with different colors, held the sacrificial victims’ arms and legs. The heart, referred to as “precious eagle cactus fruit,” was cut from the live victim and burned on a fire in the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment