Monday, December 2, 2013

Bahia de Todos Santos

Bahia de Todos Santos. Bay of All Saints, that's what this bay we live on is called. It's not a big bay, and on this side it's a much shorter trip to the open sea than the other side. Here we're about a 5 minute drive. From here I can see Ensenada across the water; and now I'm wondering how the highway north goes; I mean I know it goes along the coast, but right from Ensenada? The lights at nite are so pretty, and the sunsets are pretty cool as well. Most days we're on the beach with the dog's last walk of the day at sunset, since it's sooo early...5pm, but today I took them around noon. Sam chased the ball into the water until he could barely move, but Hazel took the cake by NOT coming when I called and running really far away. Twice. So we came back sooner than I would have cause I was mad at her ha ha. Actually I need one of those really short chairs, (easy to carry) so I can go down there and sit, read, or just watch the waves. Hmmm maybe just a towel huh? But it's hard for me to get the ball into the water when I'm back on the dry sand....

There was a guy out there with his 2 dogs; a golden retriever and something as big, but short hair, and white, so when they were near us it was cool with Sam, too. Anyway those 2 dogs just swim together, they just run out into the waves and hang out, out there. Sam used to do that back in Guerrero, well a little bit in Puerto Penasco as long as someone else was in the water. Here, when you're not throwing the ball for him, he just walks along at ankle (dog ankle) length in the water. This is an amazing beach; there's always a couple of people on it, but so far never alot. Of course we've been here 1 month, and November, probably not the biggest tourist month ha ha, but I don't know why, the weather has been beautiful.

I'm waiting to talk to my daughter right now. She's had the roommate from hell for the last year and this horrid woman was supposed to move out Saturday, but "victimed" her way into 2 more days and now is supposed to be gone today. My daughter has been pulling her hair out over it all, and hanging on by a thread today....so vamos a ver...

Last nite she was telling me all about her Christmas decorating in her house and yard, and is motivating me to get our decorations out. I don't have too much stuff; the Christmas before we left, so 2011, when I took our decorations down I had both daughters over to choose from mine to make their own collections; my younger one (Halla) still lives at home with her dad, but she can use them there, and then later when she moves out....Anyway it was so fun to hear Drewy telling me how she decorated her house, all the rooms, the stairs, the outside...ha ha she's me! I always loved how my mom decorated, even in little corners and the kitchen...Ok I just asked Everardo to bring in the stuff tomorrow morning before he takes off.

Today he finally met Senor Pablov, but unfortunately he told Everardo he has lots of work, but no money to pay...(see sorry smile), but to keep checking with him. Then later today when the water truck came he met another Pablov;  one of the sons. He told Everardo that his father said he worked for everything he had and that his sons had to do the same thing, so he got this water truck and now he's doing pretty good. He also said that he didn't think there were any houses for rent in the LaJolla by the beach, but that the one across the road had some land owned by a guy name Griffen or Griffth, and he had a couple of places. He said when people rent in this neighborhood, they never come back. Yeah...us too. So tomorrow he's going to try to find out what he can make working in the fields; he already found out that the place up the road that always has a sign needing people, it's produce and maybe packaging....but they only pay 130 pesos a day...and that's just not enough. He's probably also gonna try to see his friend again in Ensenada and find out what the scoop is there. It's not urgent, but we do need some income. Who knows if my lady will call me back or not...my fingers are still crossed (makes it hard to type) so we'll see.

Sam is starting to not like the house, either. He doesn't like the stairs. Especially when he runs hard at the beach, poor baby gets so stiff at the end of the day. Haha just like mommy. I hate the stairs as well. Sam will choose staying outside during the day rather than going up and down the stairs. Like this morning, he wanted to come in, then when I went back upstairs I noticed he wasn't behind me, so I went back down to the corner, (it's like 6 or 7 stairs, then turn then 8 or 9 more), and he was standing at the bottom, one paw on the bottom step. I asked him..what? He just kept looking at me, so I went down to him, and then he walked back to the door. That dog loves to be near us all the time, but he just doesn't want to climb the stairs. You know, even if we loved it here, we'd have to move for him. He's part of this family, and he needs to be comfy just like us....but luckily for him, I don't like stairs either.

It's getting dark and the lights are starting to come on across the water, and the sky is pink where it touches the land and the water in the distance. It's starting to get cooler, so I'll shut the door, but it's still nice. Poppi's gonna make chicken and beans, and I know we have avocado, cheese, and fresh tortillas so dinner will be yummy. Last nite I actually cooked, pork chops and scalloped potatoes. Poppi really liked it, even though he asked if I used all the potatoes and I said no (since it was from a box...), but we eat pretty early- I think we got in the habit back in Penasco when I had zumba at 6:30. It's been a nice day; I studied Spanish this morning for an hour and a half, then the beach, started a new book, yeah a nice day all around.

Mexico fun fact:
Actor Anthony Quinn was the first Mexican to win an Academy Award for his role in the 1952 movies Viva Zapata

No comments:

Post a Comment