Friday, June 22, 2012

Oh boy oh boy! We got our Mexican license plates last nite. Less than 2 weeks after we got here we have plates! This is great, no more worrying about being pulled over and having the car taken from us. I dont know if they would- but they can. So Monday we head to Acapulco to get some documents for me, since I think I'm here illegally! Nobody filled out my tourist visa at the border, well nobody has asked to see more than my passport until we got to the bank. So- Acapulco here we come. I also want to start my citizenship paperwork so it's good to get this going. Hopefully in Acapulco we can go to Telmex too and maybe get our phone...and do I dare to hope? Internet. It's not bad walking to the neighbors, they are becoming quite close with us, they helped us so much and we try to return the favors...picking something up (like cantaloupe & watermelon) when we're out shopping, or lending tools...

We gave another friend a ride to Copala today to pick something up and it felt so, so normal! Little by little. I till have a huge issue with bug bites but  found a bug "lotion" that works, but like right now, I had peds & tennis shoes on so it must have worn off. Now I'm at the friend's with the internet and they have HUGE mosquitoes or some bug with bigggg teeth, and my feet are getting bitten. Shit that will make sleep a bear tonite! I hope I get used to it soon! The electricity was off all day but back now, so in a while we'll go home and sit in front of the fan. Maybe watch a little tv, but watching the ocean still takes up more of my idle time. Or reading, I'm on my fourth paperback in 2 weeks- the hammock just calls my name! Ok all for today!  

No comments:

Post a Comment