Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Ok so the tv is now working, for some reason we had to leave it on for a day and a half and then it started working. Funy tho' cause of tv, phone & internet, the tv I care about least. Oh well. So the lic plates did not show up, but last nite our friend talked to the guy and the one for the trailer was ready- ha ha don;t care about that one! But he said no later than Friday so we'll see. Just need it so we can be mobile without using taxi's or asking our friends...Last nite we went to a political rally. No we are not involved or want to be involved with Mexican politics- I barley want to be involved with politics in the U.S.!! BUt friends asked us to transport some young people so we drove down to the next town with 6-8 young women all standing n the back of our truck! Ha ha I was the only person nervous!! We met up with other friends at the rally and went to eat afterwards so it was a pretty fun time but I do not want to go tonite. There is a truck driving by right now with loud speakers talking about something. Sometimes it's news, sometimes advertising, but right now I think its politics, which will all be over at the end of the month. We have been invited to a huge fiesta following the elections, no matter who wins, but I have to wear something blue. ha ha Before this I hope to find out the significance of the blue!

This morning we walked and found taxi's to take us to the nearby town in the other direction (yes we drove last nite with no plates but that was kinda in a parade of sorts), anyway today to get the stuff to fix the roof, hopefully before it rains again. I think this will be soon since I was told rain for 3-4 days then sun for 3-4 days...and it's been 4 days of sun. But with no raining inside the house, books and the tv I really don't mind the rain since it's not cold- and my husband dug a trench to divert some of the water flow from the road to our patio- which is our outdoor living space.
 I know I need to find the stuff I brought to teach little kids English cause they are asking me or Everardo every day when I'm gonna start! I am not a teacher by profession or experience, so I am simply going to give it a shot. I did buy a teachers "book of lists" for ESL and joined a website that gave me a few ideas for lesson plans but I think they wanted me to subscribe- meaning give them money cause I haven't received anything for awhile. I did also buy flash cards and some kid dictionaries English/Spanish, and these little kids are sponges. They remember the words I give them when I see them- usually of whatever is close by, like book or waterbottle. The truth is I'm scared and hope I can be of actual service to these kids,

Maybe set a schedule first, like Tue & Thurs from 1-3? Is two days enough or should I be doing MWF, well I'll think about this one but I should start in a week or two. That gives me just a little more time to try to put things away...we still need furniture...

No comments:

Post a Comment