Friday, June 29, 2012

Well I got to have yet another first. ha ha not one I was hoping for. Puking and the runs! I threw up all day yesterday and just got weaker and weaker. Finally about 7 pm I went to the local doctor in Copala and got a shot in my butt, plus some antibiotics that I have to take for 4 days. I feel better today, just exhausted and weak. The doctor said since we are living here after awhile noting will bother me, but believe me I'm gonna take it easy for awhile with food off the street.

We had been all day in Ometepec and stopped in Marquelia on the way back to eat. If I hadn't eaten the side dish of spaghetti I would have probly been fine, but now I remember that it seemed she was not making it in boiling water & must have been using regular water. So yesterday is a painful blur, I was so sick I thought I be carried to the hospital...luckily my husband decided I needed a doctor before the next day ( I had said let's see how I am tomorrow). Now for the best part! The doctor visit, a shot, antibiotics and some for the diarrhea...200 pesos! And that's without insurance...can you imagin how much that would have been in the states? In Calif???

Today I feel better, and we stopped by these guys selling wood furniture in the street and bought two rocking chairs to put in my favorite spot to watch the waves. Not like tall backed rockers; more like regular chairs but with rockers on the bottom. Very pretty. Well good to know about the cost of seeing the doctor! I'm still paying $366 dollars a month just for me to keep my medical insurance in Cal for a year. I won't use it once except to get a mammogram next April. I had breast cancer and a lumpectomy, and had to go thru chemo & radiation. Now I have to take a pill for 5 years, it's been 2 1/2 so far. I need to take Arimidex, which I believe I can get over the counter or get a prescription here, but when I left I just wasn't sure so I kept my insurance....I'll have to rethink this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment