Saturday, June 30, 2012

This morning as we came into Marquelia I saw really old woman taking a huge pig for a walk. Actually she was dragging the pig who was resisting by digging in his heels and screaming loud! I said look at this lady trying to walk her pig! My husband said she's not walking him; she's gonna tie him to that tree. I said but why is he screaming look at all that green grass..he said "cause he probably liked it better in the house" oh my god I laughed for 5 minutes!

 So the ATM in Marquelia had no money in it. There were people around it so Everardo went over to get in line while i was still laughing about the pig. He came back a minute later...there was no money but the guy waiting there was hoping the money truck would come back like it did yesterday! ok we need an open bank...
The only bank open on Saturday is all the way in Ometepec. Yesterday we bought s couple of chairs on the side of the road, and I had a leg massage, but tomorrow Hubby has to pay for a fishing net. The leg massage was pretty interesting. The guy used a cream that had some menthol in it, it was his own concoction. I could not really follow him ( I can SOOO hardly wait to be fluent!), but apparently he's been doing this for over 30 years. He was talking about tendons and lumps and air I think, but how everything is connected. It was probly more than half hour on each leg, never hard though (even tho' that's what I like after years of Thai massage). But he talked about how the place that it hurts is not the place that's damaged. Anyway afterwards he told Everardo not to turn the ac on in the car, for me not to wash my hands with water before the end of the next day- only alcohol. No shower either! I am happy to report I just took a lovely shower. It was good tho' and I probly will go back. The medicine I take makes my bones ache sometimes. And for a full body massage it's 2 1/2 hours for 400 pesos...hmmm sounds like a good deal! Even with the whole no shower thing ha ha!

Back to today...well there ATMs in the 2 closest towns but both were out of money. And the Super Che in Marquelia would give you up to 1000 pesos back with a purchase but only if you had Bancomer..ooops we have another bank- shoot! But I did find a big tupperware that the silverware will fit in, found out you can't just have it in a tray...the ocean air is one new experience after another ha ha. Weird that the ATMs have no money, right? And the bank was open in Ometepec because it's pretty big, but I heard (o take it for what it's worth), that the banks in the little towns were getting robbed so they close on Saturday. It might jut not be worth it to pay people to work...anyway we're getting to know Ometepec enough to see that sometime oon we want to go for the day and just poke around. There's lots of little towns that are down little side roads off the 200 between here and there (bout 1 1/2 hour drive) and little by little we want to explore those too.

Tomorrow is the elections. Some of our friends here are very involved and passionate, we however have no opinion- we just got here...we went to a couple of rallies just to be apart of the festivities & I was even in a march, but tomorrow the plan is to lay low. All this driving around and trying to get things done and I'm ready for a book and the hammock as well as a romp on the beach with Sam (our dog). I did cancel AT&T today and that gave me great satisfaction. Hope I'm still feeling it when the last bill comes- ugh. Can't remember what I wrote yesterday ha ha so I may digress to say we got home phone & internet- hmmm I probly did say that. Had some fabulous chicken tacos in a kind of soup with veges, mine came with sour cream and Everardo's had salsa, for a snack a Chela's a little earlier, so all is good. Oh and that was after dragging beds uo and down the outside stairs to make to singles into a doube cause we love each other but it's too damn hot to sleep on top of each other in this single and a half bed we got goin' in our bedroom. oooh tonite I get to stretch all my arms and legs at once while sleeping..yippee

No comments:

Post a Comment