Tuesday, July 31, 2012


So we went to Cruz Grande today (1 hour drive) to the bank.....trip number 5! There was a pretty long line to see the banker, I saw it from the car. But we found a place to park up the street, walked in, and I swear we were in there less than 10 minutes! The guy stopped helping the person he was with, motioned us forward & I signed one document, (showed no ID!) and we were done! We do have to call a phone number tomorrow to get my ATM card but yipee, we stuck with it and I am now on the bank account. Holy crap what an ordeal.


Then we thought ok we're in a big town (gotta be 30K people), so we went to Super Precio for milk- been looking since the wknd- and they didn't have any either! So we drove an hour back, then passed our turnoff and went to Marquelia and they still had no milk. But- Everado walked from the grocry store (super precio) to a little hole in the wall store and they had it! The guy said he has another client that only wants regular milk like we do so he always has it. We are keep going to him for milk even when the grocery store has it so we become his "client" too. ha ha all this for milk! You don't think of things not being available when you live in the states.


I did laundry in the kitchen sink and rinsed it in the shower next to the kitchen, which has the best water pressure and found time to lay in the hammock and read for awhile. I walked next door to Gencho & Rosa's because when Everardo went over there he saw Myra with her supplies- she's the girl who does nails. She is Rosa's niece and lives up the road but was down here. To get a pedicure cost me 50 pesos, so less than $5 US! I got purple and she put a really cute design on too. Can't beat the price. And a full set for acrylics ( fingernails) is only 150 pesos -less than $15 US. Again can't beat the price. I did my nails the first week I was here but now just toes. Felt like we were in the sand, or cleaning something, or painting or or or...so I took a break from my nails. We had dinner and then went for a walk and a swim. Everardo got way out there & I was trying to get to him but the waves were beating the shit out of me. Even Sam had gone back to shore. So I gave up and floated around. When he finally came in he said he was stuck out there! He couldn't get back! When he saw me trying to get out to him he wanted to tell me go back but was worried I get scared for him- so he watched and then I went back. When we walked up to Chela's, Gume said he was watching Everardo and knew he was stuck. He said he was hoping he didn't have to go out there to get him cause he just ate dinner!! So it turned out ok. Another guy there said it happened to him too. So then we jumped in the nice safe pool. Relaxing. Kinda wish the water was colder in the pool so I could say refreshing...


Again thinking about cutting off my hair- I told myself to give it a year; I love my sister's hair- she wears it in a long braid, it's so long she can tie it back or let it loose- I think it reaches her waist. BUt every woman here wears their hair up in a pony tail, a braid, or in a clip. It's just so hot. And I take a couple of showers a day- rinsing out salt water or chlorine....well not today.

Tomorrow is the first day of August. We're going to try to keep track of everything we spend so we can see if our budget plan is reasonable...I think we're close. I'm gonna stop writing this and read my first entries from when we first got here. While I was floating in the pool alone while Hubby was talking to Gume, I was remembering when we first got here and went swimming during the hurricane. But I also remember I cried alot those first 2-3 weeks. Sometimes because I was so happy to be here. Amazed! Sometimes cause I was/am so grateful to be here. So grateful for my husband, these friends we're making. Sometimes because of how much they were helping us... Sometimes because of the language and feeling isolated. Anyway I want to see what I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment