Monday, July 30, 2012

Had to come back! Oh my God the beach is amazing as the sun goes down. I closed down my laptop, and we walked down the beach, not planning to go in, it's pretty windy. Sam basically waded, but he was a happy dog, started running with Poppa, pretending to fight, then running to catch up with me and jumping up. We got down near Chela's so we threw the stick in a couple times for him, then started to walk back.

But Sam still wanted to go in the water, even though he was tired of chasing the stick- when he doesn't want to do it anymore he drops the stick a little but away from us...So Everardo waded in where the pool forms in front of the rocks when the tide is out. Sam ran in. I was dressed- but hey just shorts so what the hell and I went in too. It's nice there, the water is pretty calm, although ripples come in over the rocks and can knock you around a little. BUt it's shallow so if you feel like you're getting pulled you simply stand up. Sam & Everardo rough housed- Sam was all about the attack- it was funny. I just floated around.

Then I noticed the sky behind out house. God- it was SOOOOO beautiful! The sun was going down, almost gone - the other way, not towards out house. So over our house the sky was this deep dark blue, with a big patch of pink right over the lighthouse which points up behind our house. The palm trees became silhouettes- it would have been an award winning photo. It tok my breath away. The moon is almost full and started to come out. The pink began to fade and it got dark. While this was happening some kids and their mom (Gume's sister) joined us in the pool and everybody was laughing. She has a yr old baby that wasn't a bit afraid of the waves, she just watched her brothers & sisters.
This is what makes it so wonderful to be here. After the first 3 weeks or so, I was frustrated, feeling isolated, left out. I worked thru it, knowing it was my ego, and my fear. Not being able to communicate was hard- and I have a huge ego- I like-no I love to talk and be in the middle of everything. The people we are making friends with want me in the middle, they try to include me. I know it's up to me to learn the language. And my husband is a saint. He knew I was struggling and tried to help. I got resentful (yeah smart girl always thinking). But we both continued to try to do the next right thing.
I still have to work hard to improve my Spanish every day. I still get lost in what everyone is talking about. But poco a poco, I'm getting there. I'm actually learning patience, I'm letting things go. I love this simple life. I love to walk on the beach, every wave is different. I love the air here, and I lotsve love the water- it's warm...yipee it's warm and fun. And I am (again) poco a poco letting go of my fear of being smashed on the rocks and dragged out to sea, conscious long enough to feel the shark ripping me to shreds ha ha.

Oh and lastly, I saw a big bug in the laundry, the sheets, and since Everardo was right there and Monsie too (7 yrs old) I asked him to grab it- it was a scorpion! yuck! He killed it but he was wearing sandals and it was trying to sting him with it's tail! This is the second one in 2 months, and kinda big, maybe 4 inches long- I think that's big but just a reminder to be careful- right when I was thinking I didn't have to put on my flip flops to go to the bathroom during the nite! Wrong flip flops yessss.
Turn off water while soaping up in the shower and while soaping up dishes, and wear flip flops in the middle of the nite. I think I can handle this place!




No comments:

Post a Comment