Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I'm SO excited!! I got my blog back!! Last Friday I stupidly- yes so stupidly open an email I shouldn't have and my computer crashed in such a big way! Lost everything. Unfortunately for me I never wrote down the password I chose for this site, and never used it after the first time I created it, so I couldn't get back in. I had one problem after another trying to get it reset....and I was so so so so frustrated.
To reset your password with Google, you have to give them your credit card #, even tho' they don't charge you anything. This is only if you cannot chose the option to have a text msg sent to your cell phone- which I couldn't cause I cancelled that number when I left the US....well unbeknownst to me, my cash card had a hold on it after I had tried to buy something online without enough money in that acct. AND I had called the credit care company to put a hold on any online purchases for it after my computer crashed.....so I couldn't finish the process. So I sent Google CS an email describing my problem there and asking for a phone # I could call to answer their security questions. This was on Sat.....by Tue I found a phone number for their customer service and sat on hold for a very long time while reading posted comments about how bad the service was...

Anyway I thought my cash card didn't work cause the little 3 numbers on the back were smuged & I couldn't read them so  called the bank. When I got transferred several times and then talked to a woman who could help me, she made me guess the 3 #'s and I was right- this is when I found out the card had a hold on it. Ha ha so she lifted the hold. So I went back and tried to google password reset process again, this was yesterday...and today they gave me a new password.

So- lessons: don't bother sending google customer support and email. Don't bother trying to call their CS dept. Follow their process- they are google- huge and don't really have to give a shit what you think.
So- gratitude: Thank goodness we have a telephone pkg that lets us call the US for free! (calling credit card companies, banks, and google equates to many many many minutes on the phone, on hold, re-giving all your info to the second third and fourth nice people you speak to. etc etc etc.)



So we're off to Ometepec- an hour away for some grocery shopping- I want some sauce so I can make one one special dish, pasta with shrimp and vegetables ha ha. So I will come back later to write about the past few days; about kids on a burro, having to turn our gates around due to the construction, a goat stuck on the side of a hill, and other mundane but silly things. ha ha I really missed my online diary...ooops I mean my blog!!



No comments:

Post a Comment