Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wonderful day today! I walked down the beach with Sam watching him run in and out of the water. Got to Chela's and they were making dried coconuts into napkin holders. It's what they use in their restaurant now, but these are going to special for a wedding of their friends in November which will be held at their place. Gume sawed them so they had flat square bottoms, and the top stays rounded with a wedge cut in it to put in the napkins. I helped for about 10 minutes, ha ha, scraping the sides to make them smooth. They will be used as a party favor; the guests can take them home after the reception. After that part was finished, Gume, Tigre (Tony 3yr), Everardo & I went down to the edge of the water to collect tiny shells and smooth tiny rocks in all the colors for them to glue (I think glue) to the coconuts. It was fun collecting the shells and rocks; they are really every color. I wish I knew somebody who makes jewelry cause there are so many gorgeous shells. I have collected a few for myself, and also found a couple with perfect tiny holes thru them for necklaces or earrings.

After that we took a break and went into the surf in front of the rocks- my favorite pool and floated around and shrieked when the waves came sloshing over the rocks...ok Tony & I shreiked, Gume & Poppi laughed. It was so nice. Then....Gume says, lets go kick back in the pool...ok it was in Spanish and I know he asked something about the alberca and I immediately said SI! So we walked back down the beach, showered off the sand in the outdoor shower next to the pool, and jumped in.

OMG it was sooooo refreshing! A little cooler than the ocean it felt so fresh and clean. So we swam and chatted. Later everybody but me and a kid named Oscar got out and he & I tried to play water volleyball, no net. We were terrible! The most we ever did was 3 or 4 hits back and forth. At some point I realized Oscar was keeping score- how I have no idea since most hits were 1 or 2 only. BUt the good news was I was winning ha ha. He would only call out scores every so often and I could not put any logic to it, but at least he wasn't way ahead of me...when we quit, after about an hour, I think it was me 18 and him 15....for awhile there I had 15 to his 9, but somehow her caught up.

Came home and it was almost 5pm; I think I left around noon, and Everardo caught up with us at Chela's, so no wonder I'm wiped out after 5 hours in the sun! Showered and enjoyed the hammock, then a nice dinner of little pork chops- not really chops, but not sure what to call them- there's a small bone with the marrow in the hole which is yummy to suck out, and rice.

Now I'm packed, which is a joke because my big suitcase has about 3 shorts, 3 shirts, a skirt, and my bathroom stuff.  I think they want to show me some sites so that will be fun. What am I dying for? Kinda nothing..let's see I guess a Starbucks coffee, carmel macchiato with lots of whip cream- ha ha they might have Starbucks at the Mexico City airport.

Everything else I guess I can get here, unless my brother makes bbq hamburgers- that would be good, even though we plan to get a bbq soon and they have ground beef at Costco Acapulco (I assume anyway)...I don;t know, maybe sushi but only if they like it, and really I'm not craving it. I am craving some sharp cheddar cheese, another thing they have at Costco but we didn't have an ice chest with us and the cheeses I bought were a mess when we got home.

But when Everardo picks me up at the airport Monday, we're going to hit Costco and Home Depot, so again, not really missing anything.

So I sat again this evening out on the rocks to watch the sun go down and every time it flows over me (I almost said waves but ouch the pun); the feeling flow over me of why I love it here so much. The ocean is so amazing here, the waves are so dramatic, and the sky when the sun goes down- I need to ggogle it (ha ha I am the google queen), but we must be closer to the sun here, the colors of the evening sky, the way the clouds sit on the sky, sit on each other and you can see how they are not touching, the boulders and their shapes that we sit on and watch the waves. The crabs that run across the rocks, the little creatures inside their shell who pick it up and run- watching Sam looking puzzled and trying to figure them out ha ha. You just feel a part of, you feel like part of the earth, like you fit, and it fills you with serenity. I can hardly wait for my daughters to come here and sit on the rocks and feel the earth around them.
ha ha I can hardly wait to get back from Texas and I don't leave for Texas until tomorrow morning! Chela and Gume & Tigre are going with us to the airport cause they need to shop in Acapulco, and I think Gume & Poppi both want to buy swim fins, so I better go pack...
Viva Mexico


No comments:

Post a Comment