Friday, September 21, 2012

Today I'm writing from Houston, Texas. I'm here for the weekend staying with my brother and sister-in-law. Thye have air conditioning! They have sharp cheddar cheese, and they have on demand so I'm watching Major Crimes as I write this. I've never seen this before but my favorite show the Closer has no episodes on On Demand, but this show is apprently the spin off, minus Kyra Sedgewick but it seems pretty good, they have kinda changed the feeling and I like it.

The flights were fine, but oh so cold. Silly me walked out of the house with no jacket and almost nothing in my suitcase- certainly not a jacket. It was cold in the airports and freezing on the plane.
I had to fly to Mexico City first, then to Houston. One funny thing, I stood "in line" behind a bunch of people to get to security, however, ha ha they were not in line, merely talking or maybe waiting for someone....
But I did get to have a Starbucks coffee in the airport in DF, just a tall carmel machiatto, so that was nice. I guess I took care of my cravings without even leaving Mexico ha ha.

I am going to buy a light sweatshirt ot sweater before I fly back. And actually, that ac I was so happy about here is kinda cold ha ha, I guess I'm not used to anything cooler than about 100 degrees. I'm very excited to be going to an AA meeting in about an hour, in English...yipee!! All stuff I bought online is here and it is not going to fill up my empty suitcase either ha ha. But I still have shopping to do. How comforting to see a lizard out on the back porch, just like home ha ha.

The truth is I already miss my husband, I already miss Mexico. I didn't hear the ocean when I woke up and I didn't see the beautiful sky at sunset last nite. I'm happy to so my brother and my sister in law. We had a great talk last nite. I love Sandi, she's more like my sister than an inlaw. Their place is nice, simple lines and comfortable, I feel at home here. Her son is here on his first leave since joining the navy (I think it's the navy), and I hope I'm not intruding on their time with him, but they told me last nite they're so glad I'm here.
Well let's see what a day in Houston brings...

No comments:

Post a Comment