Friday, October 12, 2012

I have been fighting a cold all week and today it has moved down into my chest. Sucks. I have to speak softly...ha ha not my style or I cough. It is also Everardo's birthday and I hate that in the middle of the day I had to sleep on the couch for a few hours. But I did get up before him and make him a birthday breakfast and had the breakfast in bed tray out, but he got up right before I was done, so it was a breakfast on the couch tray. I made a fruit salad with bananas, 2 kinds of apples, cantaloupe, and mango (or was it a papaya? It was green outside and kinda pink/orange inside). I also made an omelet- ok scrambled eggs with onions and cut up jalapeno pepper, and after it was finished sprinkled with cotija cheese. It look pretty impressive...for me. The toaster actually worked- that is interesting since it hasn't since we've been here. (Maybe to make up for the microwave been blown when there was a power surge so it's just a bread box now), so toast with jelly and a nice glass of milk. ha ha 2 meals in a row from me cause last nite i made a stuffed shell pasta with mixed vegetables and garlic cheese sauce. It was pretty good, too. (ok I bought the shells already stuffed and the sauce was from a jar)- but hey for me- this is huge stuff!

Did I say we had a power surge? Not really a surge cause that sounds like it was an instant thing and then gone. No last week one morning Poppi got up and turned on the kitchen light and it blew. Turned on a light in the living room- pop, the same for the bathroom. The microwave is gone but the fridge luckily is plugged into a cord with a ...wait for it....surge protector. Man if you looked at thelights they were burning SO bright. So, as we do so often, we called Romeo down here, and by called I mean Everardo walked down to his house. He showed up a couple of hours later and fussed around with the lines on the pole, said it had something to do with the ground, and did something. In the mean time I walked down to Ono and bought all 8 light bulbs that they had in their little store...

In Mexico- never say- what's next? Cause there will be something! Haha we go from no lights to lights too bright? And our more than monthly visits from Romeo cost money. Granted not as much as in the states, but still...
The phone is my pain in my a**. The static is so bad you can't hear, so paying for a pkg that gives us calls to the US for free is kind of a joke...wait I'm not laughing...funny thing is tho' it's clearest early in the morning but we are 2 hours ahead of our families in Calif. Oh well, vamos a ver (we'll see)

Today they are paving on front of our house! They paved up the road in central, then there's a space, then in front of us, the lighthouse and I think past Rosa & Gencho up to Cathy's house. We are supposed to be going right now down to Chela's for a birthday dinner for Poppi, but he says we have to wait because they are selling him some tar. Not sure if it's for our 10 feet of driveway or for the roof. It's pretty interesting out there. There's a huge dump truck with I guess the stuff you pave with before it's wet, kinda like black gravel. It pours into this other huge machine/vehicle and I guess gets wet (?) and then spreads on the ground. This vehicle might also be the one flattening it but I thought I saw another type of truck doing that yesterday. They load using a series of honks and whistles, so like I said, interesting. We have gotten dirt, rocks, and now tar from these guys, all of course for some amount of pesos. Sometimes it's left over, today I think a negotiation had to do with the workers having no money to buy water.....I think this has gone on all down the road cause I know some other people have gotten loads of various things that are being used. And this has been a horribly long and drawn out process. They didn't do the strip before our house cause they still haven't put in that pipe to support the arroyo. But there are some pieces of pipe over there now so I think it's finally on the list.

The arroyo changes. There is a house being built next to it. Then a lot about 20 feet wide, then us. I have no idea if 20 is accurate cause I saw after I said our driveway was 5 feet it was actually double that. It's a small lot where you could build a small house I guess. The donkeys and the horses like to graze in that lot, and we throw alot of rinds and peelings and eggshells over the fence right there and the birds are always hanging out, too. Anyway I saw these guys yesterday & today moving big boulders that are in the arroyo over so they can put up a stone wall. I believe this will move the stream over which is not really a big deal. The next lot is big and those people wash their clothes in the stream there- a good idea cause I struggle so much with trying to rinse anything! Up on the road, after the arroyo going toward town central, there's a little dirt road going down and then curves and goes along the main road. But where it goes down is the place with the people who wash their clothes in the stream.

I watched them build a small building with sticks first, then mud. Maybe they have cement in the final layer of mud cause why doesn't it melt in the rain? They worked on ir for a few days; I have no idea what it's for, it's like the size of a shed. Oh I bet the outside is like our pizza oven, mud and cement.

Well I think a paved road is good for us if we decide to sell. But we went swimming earlier in the ocean, after I sat up on the boulders for over an hour. A light rain started, but I stayed watching the waves. Then Poppi and Sam showed up from their walk and he wanted some algae. Is it algae when it's growing on the rocks? or lichen? I find peace in this place and I want to always feel this way. But I felt it in other places in Mexico, in the Yucatan near the pyramids.

I was walking down this dirt path  to the pyramid site, with my eyes closed, and I could feel those who walked it before me. The workers who built it, their wives bringing them food, kids in tow...it sort of swept over me, not detail by detail, more like an impression. At first my eyes flew open...wow what was that?? I haven't taken drugs or had a drink in many many years so it wasn't that ha ha! But it happened again there, and in another place in that area. In San Miguel nothing as strong, but a feeling of peace like I get here. Here it just envelops me when I sit out there. I talk things out with the universe, I ask for guidance..it's just an amazing thing. If I can find it in the new place then yipee, and I could maybe let this place go, especially after the paved road if someone wanted to buy it for at least what we paid....




No comments:

Post a Comment