Monday, October 8, 2012

Three scorpions in three months. That's not too bad, right? The first one was in our kitchen sink the day we moved in. The second was in July in a pile of sheets I had left on the floor for about 2 weeks. The third was actually outside on the patio the other day. The puppy from down the road was playing with a leaf as I came up onto the patio from the beach. He was barking at it and that made me laugh. Then I thought the leaf moved in a way that didn't make sense- know what I mean, when something acts in a way not natural...so I looked closer and it was a scorpion waving his tail around in anger at the dog. I yelled for Everardo who came and dispatched that scorpion with one good stomp.

I don't leave piles of clothes, or anything else on the floor. I keep drawers closed tight in the bedroom and in the kitchen. Cabinets as well. I don't put my hand way back on a shelf where I can't see, ha ha I don't put my hand anywhere I can't see. At nite I always where shoes. Flip flops mostly. I have a pair at the end of the bed cause I always have to pee during the nite. So one a month is ok.

Well the truck with the vegetables isn't so great after all. Very expensive, so we will just go back to going to market on Sundays. We can go any day, but it seems like there are more vendors on the weekend. Yesterday we got a couple of cantaloupes and some green apples. The truck had neither, but we did buy some stuff from them. I really like the idea of vendors walking down the road, but I also like going out. We haven't seen the kid with the milk in about a week, so we bought some yesterday in Marquelia. Yeah, Saturday no milk or cheese or butter, and Sunday they have it.

Last nite there was far off lightening, lots of it but I don't think it rained. Nice today with a little cooling wind. October is trying to decide what kind of a weather month it will be. I laid around today- ha ha more than most days. I slept with the fan in my face all nite and woke up with a big headache, stiff neck and stuffed up head. Of course I want the fan in this heat, just not blowing in my face. When we get a new bed and have walking space on the sides, then we can position the fan differently. Right now we have 2 single beds together and it's 80 inches across, I think a king is only 75...but both sides are about a half inch from the wall- and I hate it. A queen is 60, really all we need and then I'll be able to get out of the bed on the side instead of scrunching down to the end. It has gotten pretty high on the needs list, but things have a way  of popping up. Like the dirt in front of the house.

Everardo has been working with this dirt out front for 3 days now. And hauling rocks to go under it. He's exhausted....and I laid around all day feeling crappy. Right now is the best I've felt. I'm tempted to go walk on the beach, but Sam really needs to rest lis leg, too. We can't tell if it's his foot, or ankle or leg, he doesn't wince when we squeeze any of it...but he wants to do whatever we do, so I guess me being sick today is good cause he's been laying around too.

We're talking right now about visiting the states and moving back. Moving back is probly 10 years from now, if we do it. Visiting, well in January we're going to apply for a visa for Everardo.He really wants to visit hi uncle, who is really more like a father to him since his parents both died when he was really young and his aunt & uncle brought him up. His uncle is old and has been sickly lately. Not sure what we'll do if he gets really ill again and we have no visa for Poppi. But we'll deal with that when the time comes. He's not worried about it, so I am not going to worry either.

So many things can happen in 10 years. Maybe we sell this place and buy a small place in Ca and keep renting our house up there. Maybe we keep this place and sell the place in Ca. Maybe we live in the house in Ca and keep this place. Ha ha I guess some of it depends on how much I'll get from social security...Maybe we'll decide we want to stay here. We have lots of options, all of them good.

Got to talk to my younger daughter for about an hour on Skype yesterday, that was great. Of course we got disconnected a few times, all the services here are in and out all the time. I try to talk to my older daughter all the time, and sometimes the static on the phone is so bad we can't really hear and spend the time repeating things in a shout. I talk to her much more than the little one, so yesterday was nice. I guess 19 is a very busy age, school and work, and not too much time for momma. Drewy, my older one and I laughed about that since I told her I was the same at 19, and so was she. But now with Drew who's past 19 (27 a couple of months ago) and I are closer than ever. I love our chats on the phone, hearing about her job (which she hates haha), her adventures and her life with her boyfriend...just anything, we can talk & talk & talk. Skype is good too so we can see each other. I have to say that Facebook Skype sucks, regular Skype is much better. I'm so hoping she visits soon, I hope the't had to use it yet, I haven't. But the cool thing is I found a website where I can download books for free so that's pretty cool.

Poppi worries about me struggling here, he's such a dear man. For him everything is pretty easy, for me sometimes not so much. The language is the single biggest issue, but the fact of the matter is that it takes what it takes. Hopefully in a few monthworks. I also know as soon as I start using my Kindle I'll probly never need a paperback again ha ha but since I haven't had to use it yet, I haven't. But the cool thing is I found a website where I can download books for free so that's pretty cool.

Poppi worries about me struggling here, he's such a dear man. For him everything is pretty easy, for me sometimes not so much. The language is the single biggest issue, but the fact of the matter is that it takes what it takes. Hopefully in a few months I'll be much better. Spicy food is hard, but there's so much stuff that's not spicy. We are talking about hiring this woman who lives across the road to come in every day and cook for us, do laundry and clean. We can do this for 500 pesos a week for 5 days. Since Everardo does almost all of the cooking, and most of the laundry, too, how can I resist this? So I think we're going for it. If she comes around 9, makes breakfast, does whatever laundry there is, (or she can save it up for a week- however she wants to do it), and clean, then make us a dinner that's ready around 3 or 4, then she can go home. We can eat then or wait, but a big meal earlier is better and then if we want a quesadilla or a bowl of fruit & cereal later in the evening we can do that.

Living in the beach there is always things that need to be wiped down. The table is already outside, and the windows should be cleaned almost every day, mirrors need to be wiped, all the floors swept- the sand is everywhere all the time. I think it's a good idea; I just never had a maid before...and ha ha of course it's all about me and what she will think of me spending my days in the hammock or on the beach...well I believe we're going to try it, so stay tuned to see what comes next ha ha...

No comments:

Post a Comment