Thursday, October 11, 2012

Wow yesterday I forgot to say we've been here for 4 months now. Oct 10 was 4 months. Ha ha and the 4 hardest months; the rainy season. And it doesn't seem to be over yet...lightening last nite. But beautiful this morning. I sat out on my rock and remembered why I want to be here. That I'm happy here, serene, at peace.

I also don't think I said anything about that we had agreed to live here one year and then start exploring the rest of Mexico. But after 4 months we see that we don't have to wait a year, but we also don't want to go anywhere right now. The best season, hot but not kill you heat, the ocean so beautiful, the best fishing, lobster season (!), a change from since we've been here. That's why we'll wait until at least Jan. So that's..7 or 8 months here. I've been here in Feb, April-Oct, so wow I have only not experienced Nov, Dec, Jan, & March...So we talked a little bit just now about it some more. Maybe live here Oct-Feb and somewhere bigger March-Sept. Like Puerto Penasco or Zijuantenjo. I looked it up, Wikipedia says the population of Puerto Penasco is 57k, about the same as Petaluma and Zijuantenejo is about 100K, but I think it covers more areas than just the city we came thru, maybe out into the countryside.

There was no internet all morning, it's noon and it's on now. Last nite I was watching a movie when the power went out, so I found the flashlight (why do we only have 1?? We had 3 but...) and we went to bed. Of course after I had been asleep for awhile I opned my eyes and saw light in the living room so got up to turn off the tv. It doesn't work turning it off when the power is off ha ha. The phone was out yeaterday morning but works today; I tried to call my girlfriend Veronica, but 10:30am for me is 8:30 for her and she didn't answer. I would really like consistent....something! Yesterday in Acapulco I saw a Starbucks; I want to sit and have a coffee and chat with someone, so in Spanish it will happen, in a few months...in English it will be in a few months. Oh but Carolina will be here in a few days; she's the wife of one of Gume's half brothers. They lived in Frt Bragg, Calif, just a few hours north of Petaluma where we moved from. She's coming for 2 weeks, but in Dec or Jan she's coming to stay...for awhile- not sure how long. She's young, 20's I think and they have 2 little kids. But she's an English speaker, so that will make her and Everardo to talk to ha ha. Guerro speaks English but I almost never see or talk to him. The 2 teenagers are great to talk to but....they are kids...

Last nite when I was sitting on my boulder, Chela walked up with a plastic bag that had a card with a saint on it and some green material. I have to make a skirt for some kind of fiesta on the 28th. I don't sew ha ha ha ha ha. Maybe a button or if I have to, a hem- which I have done since I've been here when I cut off the bottom half of a dress. Anyway there's a lady who sews down the road. I  was already planning to go see her to hem the material I got for curtains. Right now we just drape the drapes ha ha over the wood rods. I'm gonna have her hem them and make a little loop to slide the rod thru. But I think I'll go see Chela first and take the green skirt I already have and see if I simply need a green skirt, or does it have to be out that material. Also I'll find out exactly what the fiesta is for. I do know she said there's dancing all day! I'm totally open to dancing all day. And dancing all day also means food and drink, so it sounds like fun.

I haven't been in my hammock for a couple of days and I think I saw it looking at me thru sly eyes this morning, kinda flirty...so maybe I'll go for a little hammock visit....








No comments:

Post a Comment