Wednesday, December 5, 2012

So for day 2 in Puerto Penasco, we get up early and start driving around. We actually saw some places for rent and when we would call the numbers, people would come. 3 that way I think. Well during this time Everardo is looking for the house of a woman he knew in the program when he was here 6-7 years ago; he thought she might have some leads for us. So we were looking at the fronts of houses and driving around this one huge area, and he found the house! Actually yesterday he found a couple of places where he lived, and he'd remember different things about PP as the day wore on. So Anna had us come in and gave us a cup of coffee and we chatted (only Spanish), but I was hanging in there so I think I'm learning more than I thought. Well her son or her son in law had a house for rent, 2500 pesos so we went to take a look even tho' she didn't have a key. Ha ha you couldn't see one thing inside, but we could see it was very small and altho' different than before, in a row of houses that all look exactly the same and who's outside walls are touching, and no yard for Sam...

On the way back to the motel we saw a "se renta" sign on a fence outside a house, so we pulled over and called. (That's how we saw a couple of places). The woman said she'd be right over, so we get out and walk toward the house on the corner- which is the one that had the sign and about 8 very ferocious dogs start barking and straining on these ropes they were tied up on scattered around the yard, Some guy puts his head out the window, the window coverings were sheets it looked like; and we said we're looking for the house for rent and he swings his head to the side and says it's on the other side. So we walk past his house and his killer dogs...., take a quick look at the house from the outside, nothing special, and say "let's go!" WE don;t wait for the woman cause who wants to live next door to that! We go back and call the guy with the apartment and agree to meet at 7pm to sign the contract for a month. He doesn't show, and calls to say he is coaching little league and can we do it in the morning, so ok sure. Then Everardo goes to call his friend and accidently calls the woman from the killer dog house. She says no no it's not that one, it's on the other side of town, not the other side of the that house. Oh ok- So- we go look at it at 7:30 at nite...and WE LOVE IT! It's orange on the outside with a black wrought iron fence that has some designs on it. It's a tiny house, but not like the really tiny houses we had seen the day before. They were a kitchen with 2 bedrooms hanging off, that a double bed wouldn't fit in. Like the size of my daughter's condo- just the downstairs, and her downstairs is kitchen and tiny living room and bathroom, the bedroom are upstairs. So we're talking TINY! (side note- I believe my daughter is moving into her new house as I write this. They are so excited; well it's not their house- it's a rental but after years in a condo to get a house is a really big deal- I'm so so so proud of my Drewy. She has a wonderful man in her life and they seem so happy together.) Ok back to me ha ha! This little house has a kitchen and is barely long enough that you could put a couch and a chair at the other end and call it a living room. Then 2 bedrooms, with closets (a big deal in Mexico), and a laundry room at the back of the house. A small yard in the back, but shared with another smaller house back there, who's entrance was walking along the side of our house and we would share the back yard. That was all ok, but then.....we would have to buy a fridge, a STOVE and a WATER HEATER!! And the funny thing is, we were considering it....Seems most places here you have to buy a fridge, and I bought one in Petaluma for a rental house...so we were still thinking about it today...

So today...day 3, this woman Leticia called who works with a rental agent I called yesterday after hating HATING the woman we saw yesterday from another place. That one, maria something bitch, shows us 2 "houses" in a gated community, no room for Sam and really expensive. Afterwards she said well these are the only listings I have. I asked her- then why does your website have so many listings in the 3500 pesos and under? She says oh those arent my listings, why don't you write down the links for all the ones you're interested in and send them to me, then I'll contact the listing agent. What? What do I need her for? I can do all that myself! The guy I talked to that put me in touch with her told me, oh Maria knows everthing about all rentals in PP, she will take care of you. She couldn't be bothered. That's why I called the other guy who turned us onto Leticia.



No comments:

Post a Comment