Saturday, December 8, 2012

Ok now for the last day, day 3 and then I will be back in the present. Day 3 we left Sinaloa and hit Sonora within an hour. When we first left the hotel it was so foggy Everardo couldn't even see anything. We tried to follow a car in front of us and then decided to pull over at the gas station we knew was coming up and wait it out......and then it lifted!! Then it was a smooth ride, But man it took all day! We came into Puerto Penasco after dark.

In Sonara the checkpoints started. Funny I thought it would have been Sinaloa, but no- it's Sonora. We were waved thru 6 and then I had to show my green card once and Everardo didn't have to show anything. Then we started hitting the military checkpoints, and we had to drive the truck thru an xray machine. I sat outside with Sam and watched. Another family drove up and had to exit their car and it was searched and the occupants had to walk thru an xray like at the airport. Funny, they forgot about me, and I was holding my purse and a bag....and I just walked up to the truck after and we drove away. All the soldiers were looking at Sam who was only interested in what Poppi was doing ha ha. The reason we had to drive thru the xray was because of the trailer. It was piled high with a tarp wrapped around it. Thank goodness we didn't have to unpack it! It's fine with us if they search; we have nothing to hide and it seems like if you are polite and cheerful with these guys, who are only doing their jobs, they are nice right back at ya.

Sonara is one huge desert. No veges growing, but they have grapes! Miles and miles and miles of grapes! We also saw olives, oranges, and asparagus growing. But it was a pretty uneventful day with the exception of the checkpoint. Like I said we just kept getting waved thru, except for a couple of the military stops. It was a really long day, I was getting anxious, excited and nervous about what I'd think of Puerto Penasco. Ha ha as it turned out I didn't think anything cause we came after dark, about 7:30 I think, so it was almost 12 hours. We had stopped to eat and let Sam get a little exercise cause he was such a good boy for 3 days, but he was getting stiff and a little limpy so we took it a little easier.

We went into the first motel we saw, and they again were fine with Sam sleeping in the room; they just didn't want hom to sleep on the bed. Ha ha he's as big as a person so we didn't want him on the bed either. Anyway we brought his bed in from the truck and he was fine. So this is a short post, but now I think I've gone full cycle cause I know I started posting with "first day in Puerto Penasco"...

Ok so tomorrow I'll tell about the shindig we're going to tonite....

No comments:

Post a Comment