Sunday, January 20, 2013

A massage using only machines? yuck, did I say YUCK? Thank goodness it was only15000 pesos, (a little less than $13USD). We were coming home last nite after a great Spanish meeting (aa) and we saw this ittle place that had been saying massage, as low as 50 pesos had opened. So we stopped in, and the guy said $150 pesos so I came back a few minutes later in sweats all ready for a massage- which I have been wanting basically since we moved to Mexico. Cause I love a massage...ok I love a good massage. So this guy had me lay on my stomach and he used a series of "machine"s to massage my feet and legs. Basically vibrators like balls, and then a longer rotating one..Not hard enough or deep enough or even...I don't know, it was so clinical, like ooh whatch out don't actually touch my skin, oh and I kept all my clothes on so it was thru sweats. He said it was this new style of massage.Ad did I like it? I replied, well I have never had a massage with only machines and I like a deep tissue massage, so it wasn't my favorite. But good luck with it!

There was even  this little thing like a cap for your head, but it was these little spines that was supposed to be like fingers massaging your head? Why not simply use your fingers? I think a massage has to do with a person touching you, finding those spots that need a knot worked out in muscle, an air bubble pushed thru, etc. A masseuse (spelling?) a person who give massage can feel your tension, feel the places that give you trouble, or pain. This is what I was looking for. I had a place I went to back in Petaluma that I loved; they did a foot massage first, then the whole body. When I used to work in Thailand- I would go for a week at a time, I got used to Thai massage and loved it. I would get an hour of them separating my muscles from my bones ha ha and then a second hour of a softer massage putting me back together. After that back to my hotel for a hot shower and lobg nap. Oooh I miss that. Of course in Thailand all that was about $20USD, in the states a bit more eh? My ex-husband is a massage guy, and I have had a couple of massages from him and they were awesome. He had a partner who didn't work out too great as a partner, but gave a great massage.

Anyway I know there are great massages in Mexico, right here in Puerto Penasco and I will find them. Yesterday I got my nails done and the young lady spoke no English so we had a nice 2 hours trying to chat and she told me she knew soeone who did massage at the beach but will also come to your house and she thinks it's about $20US. She's gonna stop by when she finds the number; it's a client of hers- she also does hair. She's very convienent cause she is right arund the corner from here about half a block. So yesterday was a pretty nice day- nails, massage (ok yuck), a great meeting, went to the art fair at the Shrimp Park and visited with my friend Anda and her hubby, and...drove my new car around with Sam in the back seat!

Yep- got a car for me. Ok not new of course, a 99 Toyota Corolla, kinda grey in color, and pretty eat up , an "under the radar" car which is exactly what I wanted. Tomorrow we'll get the license plates; it's different here; the car has Sonora plates but when the seller goes to the DMV, they DMV takes the plates and then when we go to the DMV we are issued new ones. Maybe the same ones but Popi thinks they will be new ones...but we have 15 days to do it so we can drive it this weekend. We have to keep the paperwork with us to show we have the 15 days, but that's it. So today, in a few minutes, we'll take Sam and head for the beach- but actually I hope we take the truck for this since he will for sure go swimming. Hmmm I hope we go eat some tacos first, for breakfast, at a stand- the one we took the girls to last week- I love their tacos!Well maybe more later but Everardo is itchin' to get going so guess I better get a move on!




No comments:

Post a Comment