Saturday, January 26, 2013

Ok now I'm just having Playa Ventura flashbacks!! It rained all nite...and dripped into our bedroom. Actually I woke up and said I think I hear drips in the house, and Poppi said, no it's outside, go back to sleep, which I did. However! It was dripping inside the house; he knew, but it wasn't bad and he wanted me to sleep since we weren't gonna do anything about it in the middle of the nite.

So he checked again about 5 am  and it was only hitting the floor so we dozed in and out until close to 8am. Then I got up too and we turned on lights and saw at least 5 spots where water was leaking down in drips, on my bedside table, on the floor and a slow drip onto the bed. Also a drip on the shelf that holds the towels, yuck. I took pictures of all the spots, then walked thru the rest of the house, and found leaks in the living room, the hallway between the living room and kitchen, the spare bedroom, the kitchen and beginning of one in the dining room. Yep- juz like downtown.....

Just like Playa Ventura! Except when the big storm came and the water poured under the windows; it was about 2 inches high on the living room floor- I was freaking out in the middle of the nite. We still has piles of unpacked stuff, well out of boxes but not put anywhere...Here we are ok, Everardo tore the big green plastic garbage bags and put them over everything in out bedroom. If it rains tonite we'll sleep in the living room- the couch is wide and comfy, we both nap on it all the time.

So I sent a "BIG PROBLEM" email to the landlady and she wrote back right away and told us to go ahead and fix it, but that she didn't know it was a problem WRONG! Looking at the ceiling, no way it didn't leak last year! In fact when we first moved in Everardo talked to her about putting that sealant stuff on the roof. She agreed, acknowledged that it had been a problem, but said she'd get the sealant and bring it or send it down....this woman is a wack job. I asked my friend is this is normal for this area and time of year. She says no- that it hardly rains here ever- and not this time of year. So my greedy landlady probly thought she wouldn't have to spend the money for a few months. I guess that was a safe guess for her, unfortunately she was wrong. But still, we knew by looking at he ceiling when we first got here that it had leaked before....

I swear the rain followed us from Playa Ventura!! So I guess no buying paint today? Did I write yesterday? Did I say she sent us an email and said we could buy paint & deduct it from the rent, and paint? I was so happy! Yesterday I went to the paint store for the little sample sticks and brought a bunch home to choose colors. I spent last nite choosing, and it will be alot like Playa Ventura and Petaluma; I like shades of purple, green, oranges (sort of melon), and reds. This is a very small area, but it has funny corners, so I found  away to make it work. So the paint has to wait...I guess until we can deduct it from March rent ha ha.





No comments:

Post a Comment