Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year! It's Jan 1, 2013. Let's see what this year brings. I slept in until almost 10am- then got up and jumped on my elliptical. I like to start things on the first day of things; first day of a month, a Monday, well ok first day of the year...I actually could have started late yesterday, but what the hell, right? Yeah we didn't get the missing washers until yesterday, and it turns out he took them off of the truck rack when he took it off the back of the truck. Then this morning I saw a couple of washers on the ground near the eliptical but I forgot to ask about them...I will when he gets home. He's at a Spanish speaking meeting and I think buying bananas and gas for the space heater.

Seems like we are spending about 100 pesos a week on the space heater, but man it is cold- freezing. Ha ha we went from sweating 24/7 to being really cold in the evening and late at nite. And he heard that Jan is going tobe even colder. But during the day it's not too bad right now; I mean I wear long pants but usually a top and a sweater that I can take off and on...so we'll see- but we want to be warm...

Yesterday I was talking with my Drewy (27) on FB chat and she was about to jump on a plane and come see me! She'd come from the 2nd to the 5th, even just for a couple of days would be good- damn- would be great, fantastic, wonderful!!! I miss her, both girls so much! So she would fly Wednesday and have to fly back Saturday so that only made Thurs and Fri, but neither of us cared. Then we saw the prices...ouch (meaning shit!). Not sure if it was because of buying a ticket with one day notice, or bcause it's a vacation time down here, but for her and her sister to come, was $937 round trip, but if they wait one week- $350 round trip for both. We were planning to reimburse her for the tickets, but $937?? So Drewy agreed it was too much. We started trying to figure out if they could do it next week- when we started seeing the high prices she told me that Halla was coming too- so we had to see when school starts back up, and that's Jan 14 so next week is kinda the only time. But I saw right away the tickets were so much cheaper next week. So I don't know what they are going to do. Actually Wednesday Drewy is supposed to talk to her old job about possibly going back there so that's important,and I said, well if they want you back, make sure you can take off a couple of weeks in between and come see me again! Maybe Rex could come that time.

My plan is to go up there in late Feb I think; that way I can hopefully take care of my taxes. I'm going to call up there to the lady who did my taxes last year, she's with a little H&R Block  office that opens up in Jan. She's great and hopefully can get me squared away quickly. I didn't work all 2012, had renters starting June 1...or was it July 1...shit- I need to email Boyce and ask when they started to rent...Drewy wants me to stay with them; they have a spare bedroom,and hopefully I can score a car, too...from her or maybe Halla's car. Worse case will be a rental.

Anyway we'll see. Poppi is home, he went to get gas for the space heater, so I probly have to get dressed ha ha. I really need to take down Christmas today, time for a new start. I'm so glad I exercised! It was only 15 minutes, and I will stick to that for this week, then next week up it to 25, then hopefully half hour to 45 min...I just have to take it easy this week cause I tend to overdue it and then I'm in pain and limpy and don't want to do it. But the fact for me is, when I exercise, I always always always feel better.  I hope I stick with this- well the room is convenient, and the shower is great, so I think I'm off to a good start. I really want to try Zumba soon- maybe next Tuesday at 10am; Anda wants to go, too. Yeah gotta find that schedule today. Ha ha when I dropped by that place for the schedule the lady started telling me how they have a zumba "light"...she said for...she didn't finish her sentence so I just jumped in and said for fat people? for old people? Ha ha she was embarrassed and didn't know what to say...so I laughed and said thanx!

Last nite we went to a Spanish meeting and it was freezing. Then we went to another one which was a marathon. (all nite) When we got there, they were eating, so we had a glass of juice, but when the meeting started we left cause it was just so cold. Got home around 10:30, and watched tv, tried to see New Year's Eve around the world,...but ha ha....our able tv still thinks it's an hour ahead, so we missed most of it! But it's all good.

Ok well Poppi just made some tacos- beans and cheese...so gotta run... 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment