Saturday, December 29, 2012

They delivered the elliptical before noon!! Actually close to 11:30am, when we were just finishing a nice breakfast. Everardo ate liver and onions and eggs, I skipped the liver, and put some cheddar & jack cheese in one of the fresh hot tortillas ad scooped egg into it. I had gone to an AA meeting at 9:30 so that's why we were eating late. It was down on the malecon, upstairs from this place called the Candy Cake; they have an open patio where you can sit and see the ocean. It is beautiful but it was freezing!! Luckily I had my jacket and a hat! I went to it last week and it was not cold at all, so it's hit and miss in December I guess. They have a couple of locations for this store, and they have all kinds of cakes, and coffee. You can buy a whole cake to take home and they also have some single pieces. There's one over on this side of town where we got the little oreo cake I had for my birthday. Ha ha that seems like forever ago. We haven't even been here a month but it feels like we've been here a long time.

I'm so happy that we are going to be able to get the bathroom issue resolved- cause we both want to live here. It's been cold i the morning and at nite, and altho' warm, shirt sleeves warm during the day; I think only 1 or 2 days have been hot since we've been in this house- so the smell has not been an issue since Everardo fixed it...and he has an idea about the final fix. But we are going call someone for an estimate, and then decide whether he can do it, and which way he wants to fix it. But he is confident he can take care of it, and I have learned to trust that confidence. Our house is starting to feel homey. I'm glad I put up Christmas decorations and that we got  a tree. I am however, ready to take them down ha ha, and will probly start tomorrow. It takes awhile to put the manager scene away. But like I said, I'm glad I put it up. It had me thinking about the kids when we would put it up, and them pointing out their favorite pieces. Ad when I was a kid, my mom would put it up herself; we had an upright piano, very tall, and she set it up on top. We would stand on the piano bench and look at it. They started that set in 1945 right after they got married. The pieces are clay, painted with so much detail. They collected pieces over the years...which one of my kids does it get passed down to? How the hell did I get it passed to me??? Well maybe they can share it...hopefully not a decision to be made for a long long time! It has all these different figures; farm animals, a guy with a bear, the thief with the knife on his side, the guy with the sheep, the 3 kings, a guy with a bundle of sticks, women in shawls, kids, chickens, sheep, horses, anyway it's very cool.

After I put it all away we can really settle in since we have decided we want to stay here. We are not even going to go take that second look at the place Nikko showed us. We really like the location, and the layout of the house itself. And now we have an "exercise room".....I put my Abbey Road blanket on one wall, it's the album cover with the Beatles walking across the street, Paul with no shoes because it was during the time when they were saying 'Paul's dead', and my purple shawl over the window...hmmm I like to listen to 70's rock and roll while I'm exercising soo maybe I should shoot for a 70's theme in that room...the one thing we will have to think about is if we want to paint on our own dime. Maybe just this living room and the kitchen..well and the hallway that connects the two. I think I could live with that... but do we spend the money?? I think that question can wait for now.

Ok so the story of the elliptical today- it got delivered, but like I said, we just finished eating so I did not jump on to start me routine. Poppi went to a meeting, and I talked on Skye with Drewy and Rex for about an hour. Very cool cause I got to see their new house! It is so beautiful. I love her taste, too. Simple elegant lines, nice. Not cluttered or gaudy. And Danica's room is really cute actually she shares it with the baby of the roommate, but I think baby sleeps with mama right now. BUt it has a kid bed and a crib, and butterflies on the walls. They did a walking tour with skype so I got to see the whole house, ha ha except Cory's room (roommate) cause it's not done. They moved in there when we were moving in here. It's a big house with a huge backyard, they did great choosing this place, oh and it's 4 bedrooms so the one they are designating as a den, that's my room when I go up to visit! I comented it looked like a mix of 2 of the houses we lived in while Drewy was growing up and she shouted to Rex, because she has said the same thing. I'm so happy they are happy. That's all we want for our children, for them to be healthy and happy. So then I walked her around our little house and yard so now we know where each of us is when we talk. Actually the skype worked great on her IPhone, and hopefully it was free for her- it was free for me from my laptop. (hmmm have to google that).  So- after that we took Sam to the beach.

The beach was sunny but the breeze was cold. We saw a dead stingray and I guess I didn't now what they looked like or had a picture in my mind of a really big one, you know the kind with the wide fins like wings? This was a tiny thing. And I've been reading that here they are pretty common when the water's warm- which is when I'd want to go in- so you need to walk with a kind of shuffle, shuffling so they know you are coming and you don't step on them- cause the sting is very very painful. Great right? Everardo says I should wear water shoes in the water here, so that would be ok, altho walking by shuffling works well. Anyway I took a picture of it and Sam sniffed it real good. There were quite a few people on the beach, not alot, but groups. And people trying to sell them stuff, necklaces, sunglasses, these really cute little planes made from aluminum cans. Poppi was very interested in those; the guy let me take a picture and he asked him a bunch of questions cause he's gonna try making them- they are probly good sellers. There was a guy in the water with a jet ski enticing people to come out, but I didn't see anyone do it. Also a banana boat went by but gave up right away. Horses on the beach, and I saw people paying for that the whole time we were out there, maybe an hour and a half...Alot of people come down for the holiday between Christmas and New Year's; I hardly saw anyone out there last week, so it's after Christmas. I was also reading that the border has been really busy this week with travelers coming down- ha ha we saw people in Sam's club buying instant soups and sandwich makings!

We drove around looking for this gym Everardo heard about yesterday, but it's only open Mon-Fri, not sure what's going on with him not making a decision. I know one part is he doesn't want to pay 350 pesos a month, about $28, because it was cheaper when he was here before- but that was 6-8years ago and things change. Not sure if that's the only thing, but he'll work it out so I am content to drive around and look cause I'm getting more familiar with the streets, where things are, how to get home, etc. He really is looking for good weights; otherwise he is a jogger and rides his bike so doesn't need alot of aerobic machines, just weights. Anyway driving around is good so when it fills up around here I'll know all the side streets. After that came home for a little computer time and a little reading- no don't have the hammock up yet, but soon. Sitting outside in the sun reading is nice when there's no breeze, otherwise the couch is pretty comfy, like today when I read and then drifted off into a small nap. Yeah- naps goooood.

So- about 6:30 pm finally got my water and my music, tshirt and shorts and headed for my elliptical. Took my phone and set it to 30 min, even though for my first workout I was planning only 15-20 min...then 3 minutes into it- one pedal and leg fell of the machine! I guess it was noisy cause Everardo came out as I was heading in to see him. Well that's what we get for in-store assembly, right? So he messed with it, took off the other side, looked at the manual, put it back together and realized the bad side was missing  washers- guess we need them. While he was doing that I started thinking about the whole 70's thing. The room is so cold and ugly- it's that weird afterthought 3rd bedroom that can be accessed off the front porch or thru a long weird hallway behind the dining room. But- it looks better already and the ideas are a comin' to me. Like I said, it feels different, good, now that we have decided this is where we want to be. Hopefully for as long as we live in Puerto Penasco. Which at this moment we think is about a year and a half to two years. Then back to Petaluma. However our minds are subject to change at any minute ha ha.

So tomorrow we'll g to a hardware store (Fetterria) and get the 2 washers, no point in going back to Sam's cause I'm sure they only have the hardware associated with each piece of equipment. In the box was a sheet showing each piece of hardware and the qty, so we know exactly what they're supposed to look like. There's actually another piece of exercise equipment in that room, this thing you sit on and pull back with your arms and your legs are out in front of you. I think it's mainly for arms but we saw a commercial on tv that showed it being for legs and stomach...blah blah blah, maybe after I get into a routine I'll give it a shot...cause my tummy has grown into quite a gut with all this lovely hot chocolate...truth is I'm hopin' the elliptical helps with it. I had this bench for doing sit ups I liked cause it had this U shaped bar you pushed...anyway it got stolen from the Playa Venutra house when we had just been there a couple of weeks. It was in the yard and Sam was sleeping in the house, after that he slept outside except for when it rained. The patio was covered but poor baby is afraid of the lightening and thunder...me too.

So it's December 29th, maybe one more month of cold weather, maybe less than a month since we hear by end of Jan it starts to warm up....short cold season, cause we hit Puerto Penasco Dec 3rd and we were wearing shorts and tshirts for about a week before it started to cool off. But still during the day is a light sweater or sweatshirt only, and with any movement you warm up and simply tie it around your waist. Ok time to snuggle in, watch a little tv....have a snack....

No comments:

Post a Comment