Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Gotta love Tuesday. Had my Spanish lesson this morning and then taught English in the afternoon. Didn't have enough copies again! Today I had 13 in class and only 10 copies of the papers I made- arrgghh- aarrgghh cause thei copier out there sucks, is slow and the copies are faded. Anyway I did a little praxtice saying the words for the long andshort vowells and then making sentences. The sentences had some translation so they liked it- the words- well I told them I want them to look them up and of course they have no dictionaries...I talked to Karen and she said she'd buy some, so fortaday I said- just practice saying them, and we'll translate them later. Anyway they all said they'd be back on Thurs.....then afterwards I was in the office and this woman was making those little corn rows witht he beads in this girl's hair, and asked if I wanted them. Uhh- yeah! So just the top, not the back; my hair is pretty short but it looks great! Hey maybe I can put a photo on my profile here. I know how to put photos on the profile, just not here in the posts.

Last nite I watched the best movie online- Silver Lining Playbook. It was soooo good and I got to watch it for free on this free movie website Everardo found. Yipee. The movie was just so good, it had that guy from The Hangover- Bradley Cooper, who I never thought much of...he was fantastic.

Anyway today was great. The women I teach English to really help me with my Spanish, I really am getting better. Did my little 15 min on my elliptical, only coughed a little. I think I'll stick with 15 all week, then bump it up next week when this cough has just GOTTA be on it's way. Also got an invitation to go out in a 2 person kayak to meet the dolphins- just might have to try that.

Everardo is still going down to the malecon trying to make a buck...not doing much, but he's getting to know all the venders. Next week is Spring Break so everybody should make some money ha ha. Then Semana Santa is the following week, so I am about to see this town when it's filled up with people. Should be interesting. The weather is not hot, but at least not cold- excpet during the nite it's pretty chilly. Can't believe we are starting month 10 in Mexico. Looking back at my early posts- oh wow can't believe how we lived down there ha ha. Bug bites and unbearable heat 24/7...I couldn't fit my swollen feet into shoes cause of the bites. Never wore long pants or had hot water. Here is much better, altho the dirt is so light that it's dusty all the time, not too much greenery.

Talked to Halla on the phone tonite for over an hour. She's making a presentation at school tomorrow, so she tried it out on me and sent me the power point slides. It's short and good. Organic herb gardens. She's my little environmentalist. She also got a new job at an upscale restaurant and she really likes it and it's nice to hear the excitement in her voice. Gonna fb chat with Drewy now so I get to talk to both of them tonite. Finished up today with a yummy homemade (by Poppi) bean & cheese burrito and n ice cream bar. Lucky for me- I LOVE beans...and cheese makes eveything better ha ha!

Oh the oven is fixed and also needed a new cord from the outside- poor landlord, another expense since it was 500 pesos for the repair and 80 for the cord. I'll tell her tomorrow. I think in the morning I'll go to my meeting and bring Sam, then go to the new beach area I found near the meeting so Sam can explore and I can read for an hour. Then come home and study what the Spanish teacher left with me, and make more copies (aarrgghh) for the English class. But a nice way to spend the day eh?

As always...viva Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment