Saturday, March 9, 2013

So churros only at nite, and carnitas only in the morning. Funny I'd like them the other way around. The churros are kinda life a doughnut, but cooked a little more, crunchier, but sugar and I guess deep fat fried maybe? They would be perfect with coffee in the morning, but you can only get them after dark. And the carnitas- which I love, are only sold up until maybe noon. It's like shredded pork, grilled I guess and oh it's so good. If you get it to go, you also get a pack of tortillas, a plastic bag with some salsa, another one with some cabbage or lettuce, and another with onion and limes. And it fills both of us up...poor Sam barely gets a scrap. And don't get me wrong- I love the carnitas, but I'd love them for dinner, too. But no- only in the morning and churros only in the morning.

We had carnitas this morning but I haven't had churros in forever. And if I drink coffee at nite I'll never sleep so I never eat them that way. I tried saving some for the next morning- but they don't save too good. In fact- yuck.

Oh so Everardo started his new business today. Well today was alot if logistical stuff. He had to fill out paperwork to get a permit to sell in the tourist areas, and we've been copying and creating paperwork for a couple of days. Today they gave him receipts so he could start selling and then next week sometime he'll receive a badge that shows he's licensed. I just posted pictures of his first set up on FB, I'll try to add one to my profile here so you can see his stuff. At this point it's stuff he bought from someone else, but he also knows how to make these little scorpions and other things from copper wire, but he's just getting started. He's very excited and I'm so excited for him. However the truth is I am also nervous for him. I know nothing about this- I mean does everybody here make money off the tourists? He should cause he could talk a parrot down out of a tree! He talks to everybody wherever we go- kinda like me ha ha but he can do it in 2 languages! Women LOVE him, truthfully there's times when that simply bugs the crap outta me, but I get over it pretty quick. Cause we are good. We are always in support of each other.Anyway he knows how to do this, he's done it before. I just think it will be tiring as hell, and trying to get people to buy stuff...to me yuck...but the stuff is cheap and it's people on vacation so they're gonna want little trinkets. He has had big plans for this so I say Go For It! Of course I'll let y'all know in a few weeks how it's going.

Anyway Spring Break is here. He said the beach and the port was full of drunk kids today ha ha and I believe they will continue to pour in for the next few days. Then next week is Semana Santa, and I guess this means the official start of the tourist season. Yipee. Well i think Yipee. I haven't been here when the town is full of people. When we first got here in Dec, it was still nice; we were wearing shorts for the first 2 weeks, then it got cold kinda quick. But my first impression was this town was becoming a ghost town; not just quiet, but dying. So many closed businesses. So many unfinished buildings. I think I've sort of gotten used to it cause it doesn't seem depressing anymore, quiet but not depressing. Now maybe that's cause I've gotten to know some people, and how to get around, and it doesn't seem so lonely. I hear and read alot about how things are turning back around...but that's kinda the same way you hear that anywhere, and I haven't really seen anything changing. There's also alot of talk about construction jobs for the new port- or is it the old port..I get mixed up on that one; anyway it's the construction for the new cruise ship port. The first cruise ships will begin to depart from here in 2 years I think, but there's alot of infrastructure work to be done and that means jobs. Also there's this huge convention center being built, in anticipation for I do not know what.

The weather is finally getting better! Oh my God how many times have I said that in the last few weeks. The other nite was actually thunder and lightening! I swear we brought it up here from Playa Ventura where it just never stopped raining. Well at least it only rained at nite the other nite- oh God! how many times did I say THAT in Playa Ventura!! It kept raining at nite down there ha ha. I google the 10 day weather for Puerto Penasco all the time and right now I am very happy with what it says...72 tomorrow, then high 70's and some 80's next week! Yipee. Funny, people keep telling me how when summer comes I am going to suffer! aha ha ha ha ha I think I know about unbearable heat folks, just pls don't include the 24/7 bugs and I'll be good. And to know it only lasts a few weeks at the painful high...ha ha it's forever in Guerrero. But, if business is good for Poppi, and I believe it will be, when it's so so so hot here, and I hear that not too many tourists at that time, then we might take that trip and go visit Playa Ventura. Who knows if/when we can sell it. My fingers are crossed that it's soon, and if it is, then we'll stay in Chela's bungalows. That would be great too. And if it's not sold, the we stay there. I think Everardo asked Jay (caretaker guy) to fix the sidewalk at the driveway...back when they first put it in, and we could no longer drive into our house, and Poppi kinda lost it, and went at it with a sledge hammer??? Then the head of the construction crew talked to him and made all these promises about fixing it...and then we left, so OF COURSE nothing happened. I mean in Mexico, you have nothing if it's not in your hand. And if you want something done- you gotta be there. So now we have to pay to get it fixed. And pay Jay to get it taken care of.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to get my 12 year sobriety chip. My sober birthday was Feb 19 but our small group had no 12 yr chips. But there's this guy and his wife who come down to the Sunday meeting every 2 or 3 weeks and I guess this guy makes special chips and tomorrow they'll be here. My good friend Pam was gonna bring a cake but she is really sick, with the same crappy cold & flu that knocked me flat for a week. So I bought the cake today- yeah I'm not supposed to by the cake but the meeting is also for another woman who's getting 6 years, and she's sick too and I'm not sure if she'll be there. Then there's another couple of guys but I happen to know they go to OA as well so I didn't want to ask them to buy cake ha ha...so what the hell. I'll just say I'm dropping it off for Pam. Anyway I'm excited to get my chip so I can do my little ritual...I line up all my chips...I just look at them really, but I try to do a little reflection. My daughter Halla went to the chip meeting up in Petaluma and picked up my chip. She's not an alcoholic but I'm glad she went and she really liked the meeting and talking to friends of mine in the group. Then she sent me a picture of my chip and I noticed it was XI....which is 11, not 12. She's gonna go down and switch it.

I also used my United miles and got my tickets to go to Petaluma at the end of April. I'm gonna stay with my older daughter and her.....wait for it.....FIANCE.....hmm is that how it's spelled??? I'm going for 2 weeks and I'm gonna meet Elena! Everardo's daughter! And we hope that Drewy, Rex and I, will take Elena down to Gilroy (south of San Francisco) to meet her dad's family. Everardo's cousins are like his sisters, her grew up with them, and everybody is so excited about meeting her. This part- me getting the tickets just happened today so Elena doesn't even know about the plan yet ha ha. So more om that as it unfolds.

Wow all I'm thinking about is churros.




No comments:

Post a Comment